PDA

View Full Version : What do you use.

Excessive Detail
10-15-2007, 08:37 AM
Hey guyz, hope everythings going great for you guys on land, I stuck out on an oil platform in the middle of the gulf and bored, but thankfully we have the net and I've been surfing AG all week, lifesaver, can't wait to get back and detail. Anyway I have two questions about microfibers, which is going to be my next big purchase so I have been reading up and trying to make the right choices. My first question is what microfibers do you guyz use and for what purpose, my second question, does anybody use the green cobra mf detailing cloth, not the multipurpose ones, and what do you or would you use them for. Any input would be helpful, thanks alot guyz.

AG ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flash69
10-15-2007, 08:57 AM
I have been researching for a while before I joined the detailing sites. I ordered a few single MF towels in order to find what I like.

For me I like a few different vendors.

SMP - Pro detail towels for general use
Poorboys DMT - for wax, polish and QD
Cobra WW - for drying
SMP - Glass towel for glass

My advice is find what you like. MF can be a nice size investment so get what you will be happy with.

AUdakota
10-15-2007, 09:39 AM
I use the super plush jr's and full size for wax and polish removal, guzzlers for drying, WW for windows, and some all purpose mangos for door jambs.

I also have some competitors towels but I seem to gravitate towards the cobras.

makdaddy626
10-15-2007, 09:51 AM
NICE!!! I was just about to post this exact question... Let's hear from Killr, I know he's a MF junkie.

Right now I'm using the Super plush towels for QD and final buffing after waxing, the Guzzler for drying, and the Edgeless polishing cloths for wax removal. I use the mangos and some blues for door jambs and interior work and have some cheap off brands that are seeing use on tires.

I'm really curious about the green detailing cloths as well as the "miracle" towels. Where do they fit in?

Jimmie
10-15-2007, 10:14 AM
I've given this some thought in the past since I felt that I bought too many types. I only use below:
Guzzlers=drying
Indigos=removing wax, sealants
Plush/Jrs=QD's, final buff wax, sealant
Glass WW=glass cleaning
Any utility=dash, leather, plastic, metal, tires, polish (best utility), carpets, engine, etc.

AL417
10-15-2007, 04:23 PM
I've given this some thought in the past since I felt that I bought too many types. I only use below:
Guzzlers=drying
Glass WW=glass cleaning
Any utility=dash, leather, plastic, metal, tires, polish (best utility), carpets, engine, etc.

I use the exact same towels for the exact same things.
I knew I liked you Jimmie!;)

D
10-15-2007, 07:30 PM
This will be changing soon, but here it is for now.

Guzzler- drying
Indigo- removing polish
Cobra Jr.- removing wax, sealants
Cobra glass towel
Other random towels for random things

ASPHALT ROCKET
10-15-2007, 08:42 PM
I prefer the towels from Pakshak.

supercharged
10-16-2007, 01:14 AM
Hey guyz, hope everythings going great for you guys on land, I stuck out on an oil platform in the middle of the gulf and bored, but thankfully we have the net and I've been surfing AG all week, lifesaver, can't wait to get back and detail. Anyway I have two questions about microfibers, which is going to be my next big purchase so I have been reading up and trying to make the right choices. My first question is what microfibers do you guyz use and for what purpose, my second question, does anybody use the green cobra mf detailing cloth, not the multipurpose ones, and what do you or would you use them for. Any input would be helpful, thanks alot guyz.

AG ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cobra detailing cloth is an outstanding towel. I like it on a paint for a final wipe after wax removal.
Works well removing leather conditioner too.

sparkie
10-16-2007, 04:31 AM
Guzzlers=drying
Glass WW=glass cleaning
:whs:
Only one different is for the utility. I got cheap one from target for that...

dengood1
10-16-2007, 06:53 AM
I like using my guzzlers or similar waffle weave mf for quick detailing. They work better!