PDA

View Full Version : Engine Cleaning

Sicoupe
05-11-2016, 08:27 AM
Good morning guys, Question, I have a coworker that has a 2008 Ford explorer and wants his engine cleaned, its never been cleaned before and I was wondering if there is anything he needs to cover up on the motor before cleaning it. Thanks for your help my friends.

Kyle

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
05-11-2016, 08:43 AM
Hey Kyle, personally I don't cover anything under the hood when I detail an engine bay. The only thing to take care about is not soaking anything sensitive with an excess amount of water. Other than that you will be fine.

Think about all the wash monkey's at car lots. Do you think they cover anything up before blasting an engine bay with a pressure washer?

If you would like you can cover up the alternator with a bag before proceeding.

LSNAutoDetailing
05-11-2016, 09:17 AM
Hi Kyle, in addition to Mike's recommendation, I always follow Nick's post, to include the products he uses and no issues.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/50352-how-detail-your-engine-like-professional.html

After the thorough cleaning, I follow up under the hood with some Megs D114, Chrystal Mist (on the painted parts) and Black Fire AIO Tire & Trim for all the plastic parts.

RangerDetails
05-11-2016, 09:23 AM
I did only a couple of engine details but I make sure to always cover the alternator. And I don't use a pressure washer.
Oh and I always blow dry everything after the rince to make sure everything is dry and that there is no pool of water anywhere.

Sicoupe
05-11-2016, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the response guys! Much appreciated.