PDA

View Full Version : SSII and Spay sov. are wearing away very fast.

Thejoyofdriving
10-14-2007, 09:41 PM
Right after I apply SSII or spray souv. the paint is slick and it beads well but it seems like the slickness and beading diminishes quickly. The car doesnt get exposed to extreme weather conditions. Why does the slickness and beading fade so quickly? And how long is Spray souv. suppose to last?

ltoman
10-14-2007, 09:43 PM
I would only expect the wax to last like a month on it. Wash it a lot? That would affect its lifetime.

Thejoyofdriving
10-14-2007, 09:45 PM
I would only expect the wax to last like a month on it. Wash it a lot? That would affect its lifetime.

I wash once a week with opt, no QDing just a once a week wash.

ltoman
10-14-2007, 09:51 PM
I wash once a week with opt, no QDing just a once a week wash.

Hmm....I use Souveran and that sure doesn't last long either! Let's see what the others say. (I haven't been using either of the products you mentioned recently.)

supercharged
10-15-2007, 04:14 AM
Right after I apply SSII or spray souv. the paint is slick and it beads well but it seems like the slickness and beading diminishes quickly. The car doesnt get exposed to extreme weather conditions. Why does the slickness and beading fade so quickly? And how long is Spray souv. suppose to last?
Spray Souveran should last 4 weeks+ on average...But it depends on a car wash shampoo you use, and wheather you use QD after wash or no...You should, it helps with durability of a wax...My favorite one is Finish Kare 425...Pretty inexpensive, works well, and a gallon should last you a year or longer...
SSII should have a durability of 7-8 weeks+. Again with a QD booster after every wash...And remember not to wash car with NXT wash, as your wax coat will be gone after just a couple of washes...

scottgt
10-15-2007, 01:06 PM
mine last a good month at least...maybe more

ScottB
10-15-2007, 07:06 PM
use Pinnacle soap ... some maybe to harsh for a carnauba show wax !