PDA

View Full Version : Product Review: Poorboy's Bug Squash

Pages : [1] 2

FloridaNative
06-24-2006, 09:00 PM
Hi all! Meghan asked me if I would write a few product reviews and I told her I would love to, so you will be seeing a few from me over the next few days. I decided to start with this one because I found it to be the most indispensible product out of all the detailing supplies I brought with me on my recent trip. It was a 13 hour drive on the highways up to the Georgia mountains and I drove through the night and arrived in Georgia the next afternoon. You can just imagine the bugs that were on my car. I had a microfiber in a plastic zip lock bag that was saturated with bug squash and when I would stop to buy gas I would wash the bugs off the front. They all wiped off effortlessly and at one point some of the bug squash dripped from the microfiber and streamed down the front of my car. The bugs that were in the path of the stream of bug squash literally fell off the car to the floor! When I arrived in Georgia, I sprayed the bug squash all over the front of the car and then sprayed it off after about a 30 second pause while I got the hose and they all came off without any need to scrub at all. Even the grills were spotless! I love the effectiveness of this product and I know I would never travel without it. The price is great and since you dilute it with 3 parts water 1 part bug squash it is even more economical. I highly recommend this product to anyone who has never tried it. I would love to hear other users comments about their experiences with this product so please feel free to add your own stories. Thanks for listening to mine. Take care. :)

ScottB
06-24-2006, 09:20 PM
Bug Squash is a great product, you can actually use it with your car wash soap to help when you need a little extra power.

dengood1
06-24-2006, 09:22 PM
Is is solvent based? I've used some "bug removers" in the past and they seem really oily. How does this compare? Does it remove wax? Thanks!

FloridaNative
06-24-2006, 09:23 PM
Killr, I swear! Everytime I think I have my method down you always come with a suggestion that makes my method even better!! Thanks so much for adding it.

FloridaNative
06-24-2006, 09:27 PM
Is is solvent based? I've used some "bug removers" in the past and they seem really oily. How does this compare? Does it remove wax? Thanks!

Okay! I just got my bottle out and read it. I see absolutely no label whatsoever saying that it contains solvents. I know when I used it I smelled a faint pine smell so I wonder if pine oil is an active ingredient in there. I cannot say with any authority that it doesn't remove wax, but I did not notice any difference in the water beading on my car after using it. Maybe somebody with a less subjective answer can chime in on that one?? Killr?

wytstang
06-24-2006, 09:48 PM
Can bug squash be mixed with QEW???

ScottB
06-24-2006, 09:52 PM
never mixed with QEW but worth a try ... it is very liquid in viscosity and feels water based. I am no scientist , but I dont believe it is particulary strong in the solvent sense. But it works well even on tar !!

dakevmann
06-24-2006, 10:04 PM
FloridaNative great review! I'm going to have to try it on my next order my wifes car is allways the worst vehicle to wash since she doesnt take my advice on auto care.

FloridaNative
06-24-2006, 10:09 PM
Oh thanks dakevmann. It is a definite must have for any kind of road trip especially on the windows where bug splatter can make the visibility poor. When I drove back home to Fla I went through a couple downpours where it was coming down so hard you could hardly see, but it was funny because I had been using the bug squash on the front when I stopped for gas and since God washed my car for me I came home from my trip with a clean looking car! lol

wytstang
06-24-2006, 10:09 PM
never mixed with QEW but worth a try ... it is very liquid in viscosity and feels water based. I am no scientist , but I dont believe it is particulary strong in the solvent sense. But it works well even on tar !!

Neothin
06-25-2006, 12:35 AM
undiluted it was strong enough to strip a 1 week old application of max wax on my tC. I went down to the track wednesday night and driving home that evening had a ton of bugs on the front end of the car. I used some undiluted PB's BS, let it sit for 30 seconds or so, and then removed the bugs with a pinnacle bug sponge. bugs were gone. completely. after rinsing no beading was seen on the areas where i scrubbed. after the wash, and during the final rinse, beading still wasn't seen. my poor max wax :(

i didn't notice this when i used 3:1 dilutions though.

Jonboy
06-25-2006, 06:18 AM
Love BS great product

BILL
06-25-2006, 06:32 AM
Im jealous........NO FLYING BUGS HERE in N.Y.C. except for the creepy crawling ones.......:awesome:

FloridaNative
06-25-2006, 06:58 PM
Im jealous........NO FLYING BUGS HERE in N.Y.C. except for the creepy crawling ones.......:awesome:

Okay now I think I've heard everything!! I've never heard of anyone being jealous for not having enough bugs! lol Hey Bill, come on down to any beach in South Florida at night and climb up on into the life guard stands and you will see some nice big palmetto bugs! ;) Just hope they don't decide to fly! lol

I always crack up when I go to the beach at night and you see some couple up in the lifeguard stands hoping to make out in private only to see them running out screaming a few minutes later! LOL

BILL
06-25-2006, 07:03 PM
I guess thats why bug remover is so popular in fla??? :cheers:

here its roach spray:(