PDA

View Full Version : Exhausted from a family vehicle

Bill1234
05-10-2016, 08:31 PM
A family member brought over their Ford edge tot be detailed. Collinite 476s was still going strong, but it need to be corrected. Cleaned wheels with brown royal and I did a strip wash, tried claying and pulled up iron so used the gel paste and smeared it on and took alot off....anyway, it was really exhausting just to get to polishing where hd adapt worked flawlessly.

I think I need a good iron ridding wheel cleaner or something as a backup to brown royal. I have gift cards to stores with Auto in the name that I can say here, what should I get for an iron dissolving wheel cleaner? I have iron x paste but dont want to "waste" it on a whole car body and have nothing left for a new set of 4 car wheels.

Any tips? What does everyone think is the best overall wheel cleaner with iron dissolving properties from outside of AG and in big box stores?

GSKR
05-10-2016, 08:48 PM
Megs hotrims

Mantilgh
05-10-2016, 09:44 PM
I've been using Meguiars Dub Wheel Cleaner, and they also have the new Mirror Bright Wheel Cleaner. I've heard that Griot's Garage Heavy Duty Wheel Cleaner works well too, but have not tried it.

Don M
05-11-2016, 01:14 AM
Megs hotrims

+1 awesome on wheels AND tires

briarpatch
05-11-2016, 07:12 AM
If you have gift cards from a store with 'Auto' in the name...I'd suggest trying Griots Heavy Duty Wheel Cleaner....they carry a limited line of Griots products. I just bought some at one of those stores....and it works really well. The only down side is the smell......not the best. I actually go over the wheels a second time using CG Diablo......but only to hide the smell of the Griots....the Diablo smells like bubble gum