PDA

View Full Version : Daily dusting/light cleaning?

Pages : [1] 2

cardude2000
05-10-2016, 10:29 AM
Ok so assuming you wash your ride on Sunday and it's going to be dry out all week...what's the best method for getting dust off and LIGHT dirt (from driving around etc)?

Can you use a quick detailer like 156?

Sent from my iPhone 7s using Tapatalk

pheerix
05-10-2016, 10:58 AM
Assuming you are taking about Megs D156, it's a spray wax not meant for cleaning duty. Waterless washing is not for everyone but it's a great quick way to keep the car clean. If you like Meguiars products look into D115 Rinse Free Express Wash and Wax. Personally I like Wolfgang Uber Rinseleas and Poorboys Spray and Wipe.

4u2nvinmtl
05-10-2016, 11:08 AM
Waterless wash, IMHO.

I'd use WG Uber RW or UWW+ at waterless wash ratio's, with a compressed sprayer and 4+ Dry Me A River Jr. towels.

I can wash my car like this in 10-20mintues as long as it hasn't rained.

pheerix
05-10-2016, 11:14 AM
I'm starting to think I use way too many towels each waterless wash session - 16 Shine and Buff Waterless Wash towels, 4 cheap towels for jambs and wheels, 8 towels for QD/Spray Sealant, 1 last towel for glass at the end...

cardude2000
05-10-2016, 11:33 AM
For light dusting are car dusters still a thing or is that a no no these days? Don't really feel like dragging out buckets even for a rinse less wash mid week. Maybe something like griots spray on wash?

pheerix
05-10-2016, 11:36 AM
Wolfgang Uber and UWW+ can both be used as waterless washes.

cardude2000
05-10-2016, 12:00 PM
Wolfgang Uber and UWW+ can both be used as waterless washes.

Got it. Just ordered some will try. Thanks.

cardude2000
05-10-2016, 12:05 PM
Quick follow up question...if I'm using D156 after a wash, does it matter what waterless I use later in the week?

4u2nvinmtl
05-10-2016, 12:06 PM
I'm starting to think I use way too many towels each waterless wash session - 16 Shine and Buff Waterless Wash towels, 4 cheap towels for jambs and wheels, 8 towels for QD/Spray Sealant, 1 last towel for glass at the end...

Well I'm not counting the towels I use on the wheels and glass as I don't wash those parts with waterless wash (same for the door jabs, there shouldn't be any dust there while the car sits). The Dry Me a River Jr.s have 16 sides once folded so 4x 16 (64) is alot of sides to waterless wash with :)

FUNX650
05-10-2016, 01:04 PM
Me..."Daily dusting" a vehicle?
Don't hold your breath!

Bob

LEDetailing
05-10-2016, 01:40 PM
I'm new to rinseless washing. I've done some very light dust/pollen rinseless washing(no rain). I've found the easiest for me is using my Meguiar's MF wash mitt and two bucket with GG and washboards. I'm using Megs D114 rinseless wash. I pre soak each panel with a cheapo garden spray with dedicated distilled water and D114 mixed at 124:1 oz. I am guilty of using rinseless at 124:1 in both wash and rinse buckets. I have also used towels(Gary Dean method). I prefer using Meg's MF wash mitt.

silverfox
05-10-2016, 01:53 PM
I've long since stopped touching the paint between weekly washes. I've saved a fortune since and my paint.

Rsurfer
05-10-2016, 02:01 PM
I've long since stopped touching the paint between weekly washes. I've saved a fortune since and my paint.

But now you are looking at a dusty car. LOL!

custmsprty
05-10-2016, 02:21 PM
For light dusting are car dusters still a thing or is that a no no these days? Don't really feel like dragging out buckets even for a rinse less wash mid week. Maybe something like griots spray on wash?

The more you drag stuff across your paint, the more you will mar it, no matter how careful you are. It's an inevitability. So if you're wiping your car down every day and washing once a weeks chances are you will end up with some swirls no matter how careful you are.

On my DD I just don't sweat it, but that's just me.

I like Optimum Opti Clean and it's concentrated and it lubes up nicely.

Optimum Opti Clean Concentrate, Opticlean cleaner protectant, Optimum all purpose cleaner protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-opti-clean-32.html)

TTQ B4U
05-10-2016, 03:21 PM
Me..."Daily dusting" a vehicle?
Don't hold your breath!

Bob
This, if you have a nice polish and shine to your car, even a black car like mine, it will shine through the Dust of a dry week of Road use.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk