PDA

View Full Version : Sponsoring a hole...

Pete Strain
05-08-2016, 04:00 PM
Hey guys! Well I have been presented an opportunity and would like to know your thoughts and if anyone has ever done it before. The big mall in town (the only one) is hosting a large golf tournament for a children's charity in a month or so. A good friend of mine is organizing it and doing all of the design and has asked if I would like to sponsor a hole. $250 cash and they would have huge signs with my logo on it, all leaflet information etc (on carts and at the charity dinner) would feature my logo. Also, on the mall web page, I would be featured. There are only a couple of spots left and all of the other ones have been taken by the large businesses in town.

For $250, I am thinking this could be great exposure to the clientele I am looking for. What do you think?

Pete

ViperGuy21
05-08-2016, 04:08 PM
That sounds like an awesome opportunity to me! I'd go for it if I were you

GSKR
05-08-2016, 04:17 PM
Hey guys! Well I have been presented an opportunity and would like to know your thoughts and if anyone has ever done it before. The big mall in town (the only one) is hosting a large golf tournament for a children's charity in a month or so. A good friend of mine is organizing it and doing all of the design and has asked if I would like to sponsor a hole. $250 cash and they would have huge signs with my logo on it, all leaflet information etc (on carts and at the charity dinner) would feature my logo. Also, on the mall web page, I would be featured. There are only a couple of spots left and all of the other ones have been taken by the large businesses in town.

For $250, I am thinking this could be great exposure to the clientele I am looking for. What do you think?

Pete
For 250.00 heck yeah.Anything like that around here is 1500 mimium.

Coastalf350
05-08-2016, 04:59 PM
Great opportunity. Maybe set something up with the course later on. While the golfers play you take care of their vehicles. They come back to a clean car and you go home with a wallet of money.

Pete Strain
05-08-2016, 05:28 PM
I have been thinking about approaching a golf course for that very reason.

I have not spent a boat load of money on marketing as of yet and I figured $250 was a safe figure to take a shot at this. Thanks for the input guys.

Pete

Coastalf350
05-08-2016, 06:06 PM
Maybe even get a few golf club head covers made with your logo to give to customers that purchase your biggest package. When they go to the course it creates for a conversational piece.

Pete Strain
05-08-2016, 06:08 PM
Maybe even get a few golf club head covers made with your logo to give to customers that purchase your biggest package. When they go to the course it creates for a conversational piece.

Wow what an interesting idea. Thanks for it!

Pete

hollerstiltner
05-08-2016, 09:26 PM
If you sponsor a par 3 or short par 4, you could offer a free detail for a hole in one. I'd think that could get a follow up in a donor newsletter if someone made it.

Since it's for children's benefit, maybe consider pledging a certain portion of proceeds from details booked that day to go to the charity as well.

jcaustin87
05-08-2016, 10:03 PM
If you sponsor a par 3 or short par 4, you could offer a free detail for a hole in one. I'd think that could get a follow up in a donor newsletter if someone made it.

Since it's for children's benefit, maybe consider pledging a certain portion of proceeds from details booked that day to go to the charity as well.

THIS!

Par 3 Hole in One... You're risk is relatively low on this one but it has potential big rewards!

Joe@NextLevelDetail
05-09-2016, 12:57 AM
250 isnt bad, it will get you nice exposure and golfing isnt a cheap sport.. so people like that strive for the best, i say go for it

Pete Strain
05-09-2016, 05:47 AM
THIS!

Par 3 Hole in One... You're risk is relatively low on this one but it has potential big rewards!

Im not sure if I am able to offer anything over and above for these holes. I have to find that out. Currently I believe it would just be signage and exposure. I will find out more.

Pete

Pete Strain
05-09-2016, 09:02 AM
I have been offered:

"if you have flyers for your business we will also insert a flyer into the golfer’s swag bags, which each golfer will receive upon registration and take home with them! Or if you wanted to do a coupon or something discounting your services or something to get the word out there? It is completely up to you!"

What do you guys suggest I do? Just a basic flyer with some services or offer a discount? Also, I would like to say on there that some of the proceeds would go to the charity itself...