PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance Post Coating

LSNAutoDetailing
05-08-2016, 09:59 AM
I know I've asked this before but I don't recall that I expressed my question properly or accurately, so I'm taking another try.

I often get asked, How do I maintain my car after it's been coated with CQUK or Pinnacle BL Diamond Coating.
Each customer has a different scenario, but mainly here are the two.

scenario 1: customers enjoys weekly washing the car with 2BM, Grit Guard, Pinnacle Body Shampoo and running water.
Search Results show this 2BM and shampoo with wash mitts are preferred.

scenario 2: customers lives in apt building with a multi story (open air) parking garage, no access to running water.
Search results show NR solutions aren't advantageous.

scenario 3: Customer is a professional who has no time, knowledge or desire to ever self maintain a vehicle.

Search results state: However, I don't know how true this is, and I don't think Megs D:114 falls into this category.

I dont Recommend using ONR for washing after Cquartz,!
ONR has some kind of polymers, or oily stuff in it..it will affect the water repellent and the UV protection of cquartz,
use any good shampoo's, without any wax or additives in them.
in fact i would advise using our ironX soapgel ,eco friendly, fast ,cheap, and clean very well.

I always recommend and give a sample spray bottle of Megs D114 in a 1:128 solution. Is this not a good idea?
The most obvious advice is not going through a car-wash obviously, but sometimes a touch-less in New England is inevitable.
I also don't recommend coatings for those love to wash and wax their car weekly, specifically the hot-rod customers, rather mainly the customer who loves a sharp appearance on their DD but has zero desire, zero time, and zero know how on how maintain their own car, even with a, automated car wash.

I will stipulate that coatings are relatively new to me over the past year, vs. years #7 & wax, and doing them for custy's are far & few between due to cost.
Customers pay good money for my services and I want to make sure they don't "undo" the work I've done, and I give them the best possible advice possible.

I'd appreciate any thoughts or input on post coating instructions you give your customers. Thanks in advance.

GSKR
05-08-2016, 10:06 AM
Can you take care of it for them.Do you do washes.IF so get them back in your pocket by doing a wash and a spray booster such as reload.

LSNAutoDetailing
05-08-2016, 10:55 AM
Can you take care of it for them.Do you do washes.IF so get them back in your pocket by doing a wash and a spray booster such as reload.

I most certainly can... I have my own garage queen coated with CQUK. When it gets dusty or just before a show I'll do a Megs D114 wipe followed up by reload.
From my research it seems a quality shampoo and 2BM is ok, as long as it gets reload at least every 6 mos.

I also read on my older (2015) bottle of reload to dilute 1:1 for dark vehicles, my new bottle does not state this. So the older bottle is diluted 1:1 with distilled water.

04accord
05-08-2016, 10:56 AM
less business related for me, but I will be coating a couple cars in the near future and am trying to figure out which QD to use as to not affect the coatings hydrophobic properties.

CanyonCarver
07-10-2016, 07:40 PM
I'm also trying to find drying aid/QD thats synergistic with nano ceramic PBL coating. Also a shampoo. The PBL line is just too $$$ and the shampoo smells like cheap aftershave (although it does work well, but 8oz bottles and THAT smell? C'mon)

Options seem limited to Carpro products mostly