PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an Opinion Please on Process

kanewtz
05-08-2016, 08:17 AM
All,

Just picked up a 2016 Sierra (factory ordered)...won't fit in my garage so I have to park it outside.

I want to protect the clear coat from UV Rays, etc.

Here is my plan as well as what products I have available/need to buy.

1) Foam Cannon spray down and rinse
2) Foam cannon spray down and two bucket method
3) Meguiars Clay Bar process
4) Chemical Guys Black Light Application (or another product here? I have heard great reviews of Black Light).
5) Paint Sealer (Jet Seal...Powerlock)??? I don't have a product here and was wondering which one would work better?
6) Apply Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax (since i have a brand new bottle of it)

Everything look ok?
The only thing I need to purchase is the Glaze and Sealant...but not sure if I should stick with Chemical Guys or venture off.

PS...will have to apply everything by hand with MF Applicators.

Thanks in Advance!

GSKR
05-08-2016, 08:55 AM
I would clay then use a non abrasive cleaner wax,then apply collinite 915 if it's dark or 845.powerlock is super easy to remove and produces a nice shine.Being that the truck is going to be outside all the time I would go for collinite.I really don't know the long term durability of powerlock versus collinite.

Mitch7c
05-08-2016, 09:08 AM
I did black light and then jet seal on my 12 black silverado and it came out awesome. Did that in January. I live in illinois and it's been through alot of salt and grime and it's till shining great and sheeting water off like crazy. I like the chemical guys products. I hear a lot of people dissing them but they've worked for me.

GSKR
05-08-2016, 09:39 AM
Black light is just a color amplifier product.collinite will do the same thing but last a lot longer and makes washing a heck lot easier,leaving nothing to stick or etch on paint with proven results and reviews and been around for ever. Just trying to ease up on different steps that are not needed.

kanewtz
05-08-2016, 11:35 AM
Black light is just a color amplifier product.collinite will do the same thing but last a lot longer and makes washing a heck lot easier,leaving nothing to stick or etch on paint with proven results and reviews and been around for ever. Just trying to ease up on different steps that are not needed.

So what would your process be:
1) Wash
2) Clay bar
3) Collinite?
4) Seal with ???
5) Wax??

GSKR
05-08-2016, 11:39 AM
Wash iron x then clay.collinite will reduce your work time and give you what your looking for such as shine depth and durability that you can clearly see for months.

kanewtz
05-08-2016, 11:41 AM
Wash iron x then clay.collinite will reduce your work time and give you what your looking for such as shine depth and durability that you can clearly see for months.

So I don't even need to use Power Lock?

I'm assuming using a Microfibre applicator is sufficient for Collinite application?