PDA

View Full Version : Most product on hand?

Bill1234
05-06-2016, 08:19 PM
I have a bit of a dilemma. I have my own personal set of supplies as a hobby and it goes well until a friend or neighbor or whatever comes by and asks for their car to be worked on, be being selfish, its fine. However, I find I go through product very fast such as clay, and car soap maybe.

What does everyone keep the most of on hand?

GSKR
05-06-2016, 08:31 PM
Iron x and lots of pads.

TTQ B4U
05-06-2016, 08:33 PM
I probably have the most of:

Microfiber rags for Polishing
MF rags for rinseless washing
Pads and Pad cleaner
Detail Spray

stevebrm
05-06-2016, 09:22 PM
I try to keep things that run out quickly for me

Car wash soap : Megs gold class, Optimum No rinse, Waterless car wash (CG ecosmart)

quick detailers: (CG V7, meg D155, CG synthetic QD, megs M34 in gallon containers)

Microfiber towels

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

dcjredline
05-06-2016, 09:29 PM
APC and shampoos

usmcpab
05-06-2016, 10:10 PM
I have a couple of products that I keep in gallon size, Blackfire interior protectant, waterless wash and polymer spray sealant, Wolfgang uber rinseless wash, ONR, meguiars m205 and a variety of meguiars Detailer's line, optimum power clean, chemical guys cw&g have tons of microfiber towels as well as pads.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
05-06-2016, 10:36 PM
Something i can never run out of.

Griots garage fast correcting cream
Boss creams
Menzerna 400
Menzerna 3500
Multiple pads

Those are a must, if im running low, im ordering more.

FUNX650
05-06-2016, 10:44 PM
• "Spray and Wipe" products:
-some are 'gloss enhancers';
-some are not.

Bob

dlc95
05-06-2016, 10:47 PM
Optimum No Rinse. I use a lot of that, especially in a trigger bottle.

Meguiar's M34.

I like to have at least 16oz bottles of compound, and pish with me.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
05-07-2016, 01:00 AM
Optimum No Rinse. I use a lot of that, especially in a trigger bottle.

Meguiar's M34.

I like to have at least 16oz bottles of compound, and pish with me.

You like final inspection that much ? What makes you like it more then other quick detailers?

LSNAutoDetailing
05-07-2016, 08:21 AM
I know this isn't direct the answer to your question, but watch your inventory levels and time your purchases with AGO sales.
Make note of how much product it takes to do one car (i.e. Iron-x, Wheel Cleaner, etc...).
Compounds, Polishes and waxes will last a long time because you needn't use a lot of product per vehicle. (I'm paying the price for overstocking, and I have too much of this type of product presently).

The opposite can be said of things like:
APC's,
Iron-X
Clay Lube (I use Megs D114)
Wheel Cleaners,
Tarminator,
Glass Cleaners,
Trim detailers,
engine degreasers,
hot-water extracting pre-treatment,
upholstery cleaner.
Micro Restore (cleaner for your MF towels)
DA Pads

Also, any drying agents or clay lube... which is why I rely heavily on a 5 Gal pre-mix (1:128) of Megs D114. It can be used for everything... I use it to clean up under the engine bay (after a full cleaning), door jams, trunk jams, drying agent and clay lube. I'll use it as a wipe down between polish and LSP steps. Yeah, it's that good!

Paul A.
05-07-2016, 09:52 AM
Apc.

dlc95
05-07-2016, 01:08 PM
You like final inspection that much ? What makes you like it more then other quick detailers?

It doesn't leave much of any protection, which lends itself well for spray priming pads, and wiping compound dust, or polish residue. Even more so if using Meguoar's products.

Also, I've been using it for 20 years this year - even through my non detailing times. I just got used it.

wvspeed
05-07-2016, 10:03 PM
Microfiber towels is probably what I keep the most of when I go on a detail but I try to buy a gallon of everything I use. Gallon of wax,clay lube,extractor fluid,soap,carpet shampoo

When I do buy the small bottles of stuff I end up with 2 or 3 on hand as backup