PDA

View Full Version : Rupes Ibrid Nano polisher is NOW here!

Pages : [1] 2

Delegance Detailing
05-04-2016, 11:38 PM
My distributor took delivery of this unit Tuesday afternoon PST. I got my hands on it Wed morning. I have been busy all day and now have had a chance to take a couple pics for your viewing pleasure. I have yet to take it out to stretch its legs but for the little bit that I have played with it I can tell you it is an impressive machine. I opted for the long neck version. AFAIK, I am the first private party person(non distributor) to take delivery of it!

http://i.imgur.com/iGMuYrO.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/3uDINYv.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/IAjepwk.jpg?1

haris300
05-04-2016, 11:44 PM
Sweet! Let us know how you like using it. Hoping mine comes in before the weekend :)

Delegance Detailing
05-04-2016, 11:59 PM
Sweet! Let us know how you like using it. Hoping mine comes in before the weekend :)

Will do! Essentially this kind of saves room as it takes the place of 3 other machines I have. So it is pretty cool. It is nice they come in these professional kits. The bag actually comes with a strap that clips in and you can hoist it over your shoulder. It is really neat!

Mike@ShineStruck
05-05-2016, 01:31 AM
Awesome
Mine is set to come Monday
Wish it would somehow get here Saturday though ha

Delegance Detailing
05-06-2016, 01:24 AM
I have a Ford GT scheduled for detail on Monday so I'll write some info on it after that detail. But so far I've been tinkering with it and it's pretty awesome!

Mike lambert
05-06-2016, 05:45 AM
Got mine Thursday. Very nice machine!

PltnmAutoDetailers
05-06-2016, 05:57 AM
I actually received mine on Wednesday. Love the machine. Is anyone needing to apply a good amount of pressure to the trigger to get it going?

Mike lambert
05-06-2016, 06:49 AM
No , not mine

PltnmAutoDetailers
05-06-2016, 07:37 AM
So minimal pressure on the trigger correct?

Delegance Detailing
05-06-2016, 03:18 PM
Yes trigger assembly is not bad. It's favorable for my hands and my contour. It may be a bit different for others.

99C5Coupe
05-12-2016, 03:49 PM
Mine came today, over 3000 miles Stuart Fl to Stanwood WA. (50 hours in light traffic?). :dblthumb2:
Anyone know what the stickers in the starter pack are for? Figured out everything else but haven't had a chance to use it yet. Looks like it will be very useful for polishing small areas and hard to get to places.
Everything works fine and looks good, no defects or flaws. Good quality.
Batteries charged up in about fifteen minutes each.
Looked for replacement pads on Autogeek store. When will they be available?

Delegance Detailing
05-12-2016, 08:55 PM
Mine came today, over 3000 miles Stuart Fl to Stanwood WA. (50 hours in light traffic?). :dblthumb2:
Anyone know what the stickers in the starter pack are for? Figured out everything else but haven't had a chance to use it yet. Looks like it will be very useful for polishing small areas and hard to get to places.

My buddy Kevin Brown aka buffdaddy at buffdaddy.com will have your replacement pads.

DBAILEY
05-12-2016, 09:52 PM
So does your wrist get tired after a 2-3 min polishing set because of the way you need to hold onto the polisher and apply some downward pressure on the head of the polisher?

Dylan@RUPES
05-13-2016, 04:12 PM
Anyone know what the stickers in the starter pack are for?

Stickers - if you're referring to the small gray colored discs - those are P2000 and P3000 PSA abrasive discs. Can be used for light sanding of scratches, denibbing, etc. Use with the 34mm vinyl backing plate with integrated foam interface on the 3mm orbit setup. Works AWESOME.

Figured out everything else but haven't had a chance to use it yet. Looks like it will be very useful for polishing small areas and hard to get to places.

Once you log some time with it you'll start coming up with a lot of different uses. I love it with the brush attachments.

Yep - and they run almost 2x as long as it takes to charge them so with 2 in rotation you can be battery full time if you want to.

Fairly certain AG's order of pads shipped, maybe just hasn't been added to the site yet.

Blue coarse and yellow fine replacements for what comes in the kit will be available (40 and 70mm)
Gray UHS, Green Quarz, and White Diamond pads are also available in those sizes.

The only things we aren't offering yet are the MF discs, but KB buffdaddy will likely have the sizes you need in those if you do.

PltnmAutoDetailers
05-13-2016, 09:16 PM
Just a little update. I exchanged my ibrid for a new one, the trigger was defective. No pressure needed now!