PDA

View Full Version : What is C Quartz and is it any good?

Upshift4
05-03-2016, 08:45 PM
Need to get my restored 911 concours prepped and my local guys uses something called C Quartz. Never heard of it and I'm usually opposed to "paint sealants". Plus they are very pricey and said they don't normally remove wheels and clean wheel wells. Isn't that a typical concours prep?

Any comments?

GSKR
05-03-2016, 08:58 PM
C Quartz is made to make your paint protected from elements,more of a durability standpoint.Depending on the color of your porche glazes and deep carnauba waxes such as fuzion will make your car so glossy.But prior to that the paint must be flawless of marring or scratches before applying waxes and such.Depending on how much you are paying him,typically wheels do come off.He is trying to get you to spend 1000 to 1500 and using the coating as a,selling point.are you in Florida?.

custmsprty
05-03-2016, 09:29 PM
Pics?????????

David Hayward
05-03-2016, 10:25 PM
Cquartz is an amazing product but I feel as though I would prefer wax on a concours show vehicle. Cquartz is very glossy but coatings are made more for just long term and surviving the abuse of the roads. If you are truly looking to compete in high end shows you should be looking for someone to do a wheels off job.

I don't think you will be disappointed in cquartz but I do feel as though you may be wasting money on it if you will be having it polished again for any other events and not benefitting from the longevity of the coating.

Don M
05-04-2016, 12:37 AM
I agree with the opinions of not using a coating on your concours car, and for the same reasons. For the small amount of time you need it to hold up, you're wasting your money on a 2-3 year coating if it's just going to be polished off in a few months to prep for another show.

Most councours entrants that I've read about don't even use a carnuba on their cars, they use a pure polish such as Meg's #7 so that their paint doesn't get "too glossy" or shiny.