PDA

View Full Version : New car prep?

SPiN
10-14-2007, 11:29 AM
Just got a new car, from what i heard your not suppose to wax for like 3 months... so what do i do?

I cant imagine driving without protection on my car for 3 months.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
10-14-2007, 11:31 AM
Just got a new car, from what i heard your not suppose to wax for like 3 months... so what do i do?

I cant imagine driving without protection on my car for 3 months.

Did you get a new car or did you get your car painted?

If you got a new car you can do whatever you want...OEM paint is cured and can be waxed/sealed etc.

SPiN
10-14-2007, 11:33 AM
Yeah I just got a new car =)

Anything to back up your statement tho? Some people have told me you gotto wait and some people have told me you can go right ahead.

budman3
10-14-2007, 11:40 AM
The only time you have to worry is when you get a car repainted. Cars from the factory are baked and cure in no time. Plus the car wasn't just painted the day before you picked it up ... the car is probably a few months old as it is. This has been covered many times in the past.

Do a normal detail ... claying is very important. A light polish may be a good idea to clean up and claying mess or light marring from the factory or sitting at the dealer.

ScottB
10-14-2007, 12:11 PM
As offered no appreciable time is needed prior to first detail session. Car and its painted parts are heat cured prior to release from factory. Claying is a good choice to remove rail dust and other contaminents seen when cars are shipped and sit in port.

richy
10-14-2007, 09:54 PM
:iagree:

StephenK
10-14-2007, 10:02 PM
Yeah I just got a new car =)

Anything to back up your statement tho? Some people have told me you gotto wait and some people have told me you can go right ahead.

the dealership should have waxed it before you got car. so by them telling you to wait 3months is contradicting what they do. worked at dealerships for 8 years. so my expierence with dealership work is what i have to back it up