PDA

View Full Version : What car detailing/cleaning products do you keep in your car?

Pages : [1] 2

2DIE
05-03-2016, 05:32 PM
Just wondering what products you guys keep in your car.

I bought a bag small to medium sized bag to go in the trunk, like a "just in case" bag if I'm out or away from home.

So far all I can think of to put in there is:

Spray Detailer
MF Cloths
APC
Air Freshener

That will leave it half empty.

If you carry anything around with you, what is it?

Cheers.

kevincwelch
05-03-2016, 05:36 PM
I don't keep anything in my car.

I really don't have time to do anything when I get to work, and if there is something that needs to be done, I'd rather do a rinseless wash at home. Coatings help with that issue: it usually can wait.

(Sent from my mobile device.)

usmcpab
05-03-2016, 06:08 PM
I carry an autogeek travel bag. In it I have 16oz of Meguiars last touch spray, 16 oz of blackfire waterless wash, 16oz meg d101 APC,16oz blackfire interior protectant, 2 shine and buff towels, 2 cobra gold towels, and some low quality microfiber for wiping down interior. This pack is mainly for in case of emergency, in case I get bird bombs, if a spill something, or to clean windows on the inside. I'm gonna down size the containers to either 8 oz or 4oz though.

Setec Astronomy
05-03-2016, 06:17 PM
I don't keep anything in my car.

I really don't have time to do anything when I get to work, and if there is something that needs to be done, I'd rather do a rinseless wash at home. Coatings help with that issue: it usually can wait.

Yikes, not even something for bird bombs?

That's the only thing I carry, a bottle of waterless wash and a towel.

Bunky
05-03-2016, 06:23 PM
I keep microfiber, glass cleaner and UWW+.

pheerix
05-03-2016, 06:31 PM
Megs D115 and two MF towels that I don't mind throwing out

CarolinasFinestDetailing
05-03-2016, 06:38 PM
16 oz of Ultima WW+
Handful of premium and lower end MF towels
Air freshener

Setec Astronomy
05-03-2016, 06:49 PM
What do all you guys do with air freshener in your car? I don't even use any when I detail my car, I just try to keep it clean so it doesn't stink.

usmcpab
05-03-2016, 07:47 PM
What do all you guys do with air freshener in your car? I don't even use any when I detail my car, I just try to keep it clean so it doesn't stink.

I use cg natural shine dressing or bf interior protectant which leaves behind a nice smell in my opinion. So i rarely use any type of air freshener.

kevincwelch
05-03-2016, 07:53 PM
Yikes, not even something for bird bombs?

That's the only thing I carry, a bottle of waterless wash and a towel.
No... Always a risk, though. Garage to garage. Never a bird bomb.

(Sent from my mobile device.)

Hokie335i
05-03-2016, 09:19 PM
I keep the following:
-Various MFs
-Glass cleaner
-Griot's Speed Shine
-Optimum Leather Cleaner/Protectant
-Einszett Cockpit premium

oldmodman
05-03-2016, 09:24 PM
I keep just one thing (other than tools)

A big can of Costco baby wipes. They remove bugs, bug splatter, bird crap, and recently dripped sap. Since I know I am going to be washing the car as soon as I get home from anything more than just a trip to the store I just remove the material that is likely to damage the paint. They are quite large, soaking with water and very mild soap, and are very soft. Plus the prime requirement. Really Cheap!

Don M
05-04-2016, 01:59 AM
During the detailing season as time goes by, more and more detailing products end up being stored in my trunk :p

haris300
05-04-2016, 02:17 AM
I always like to keep a waterless wash and some thick microfiber towels in my trunk. Lately I've been carrying the McKee's 37 waterless wash because I think I might be addicted to the smell.

BillE
05-04-2016, 06:52 AM
For daily driving, nuttin'.

For those long trips (think vacation), Meguiar's Ult Wash and Wax Anywhere. That's just for the bug removal and the like. Like 'Oldmadman' said, it'll get washed etc when we get home.

Bill