PDA

View Full Version : Acura TSX paint correction!

Maestro Sam
05-03-2016, 03:25 PM
Just got done with this Acura and wanted you guys to critic my blogs and work. I am currently charging $140 for a one step correction like this one and wanted to know if that is to low for my skill level. Thank you and please critic my work!
Maestro Auto Detailing | Auto Detailing in Montgomery County, PA (http://www.maestrodetailers.com/#!acura-tsx/jg8zp)

Navish360
05-03-2016, 03:31 PM
Honestly it's a night and day difference. I would definitely charge more for paint that requires more attention. Looking at the pictures, I can tell that your skill level is up there, which should result in higher prices. Price also comes down to your personal preference since every car is different. Overall keep up the good work!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donbeezy
05-03-2016, 03:33 PM
how many hours did that take you?

2001mikez28
05-03-2016, 03:37 PM
did you have to wash the car if so was that extra?

2001mikez28
05-03-2016, 03:38 PM
never mind i just went and read it, i would say you are alittle underselling yourself but i bet that customer was very very happy!!!

Maestro Sam
05-12-2016, 08:21 AM
Honestly it's a night and day difference. I would definitely charge more for paint that requires more attention. Looking at the pictures, I can tell that your skill level is up there, which should result in higher prices. Price also comes down to your personal preference since every car is different. Overall keep up the good work!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks and sorry about the late response! My skill is up there, but I still have a lot to learn! Been detailing for about 10 years but still learning a lot of new things with newer products and cars. Thanks!

Maestro Sam
05-12-2016, 08:22 AM
never mind i just went and read it, i would say you are alittle underselling yourself but i bet that customer was very very happy!!!

Yes I had to wash the car haha. All paint corrections require a clean surface so I think the washing and decon step took around 3 hours

Maestro Sam
05-12-2016, 08:22 AM
A Donbeezy, the work including prep and paint correction took me about 10 hours

ViperGuy21
05-12-2016, 09:52 AM
Awesome work! I have a TSX(first gen)myself

brettS4
05-12-2016, 10:16 AM
At that price I'm going to stop doing my own detailing and just bring my car to you! Great job, btw.

Paul A.
05-12-2016, 10:58 AM
That is phenomenal work, Sam! What looks to be soft, marred up paint to where you brought it is worth far more than about $14/hour however i know how difficult it is to get what you are worth.

Who else in your area can do that level of work? How much do they charge? And finally who are the clients locally who will pay you what your skill level is worth? Just some rhetorical questions to ponder.

briarpatch
05-12-2016, 12:50 PM
I can not speak for your area, but that level of correction would be a minimum of 300.00 where I live

Maestro Sam
05-13-2016, 05:08 PM
Awesome work! I have a TSX(first gen)myself

Nice man! They look great in real life with a lot of define curves to them ;)

Maestro Sam
05-13-2016, 05:11 PM
That is phenomenal work, Sam! What looks to be soft, marred up paint to where you brought it is worth far more than about $14/hour however i know how difficult it is to get what you are worth.

Who else in your area can do that level of work? How much do they charge? And finally who are the clients locally who will pay you what your skill level is worth? Just some rhetorical questions to ponder.

I can not speak for your area, but that level of correction would be a minimum of 300.00 where I live

Thanks a lot puckman. It is very difficult to persuade clients the difference between pros and cheap detal shops. I worked at a lot of shops where I live and they do offer these services for a lower price then mine! However, they do a half ass job,

Maestro Sam
05-13-2016, 05:11 PM
At that price I'm going to stop doing my own detailing and just bring my car to you! Great job, btw.

Thanks brother, your always welcome to bring your car here if you do stop by PA ;)