PDA

View Full Version : Removing slight Menzerna 3,500 residue

Bryan@AzDPC.com
05-03-2016, 11:06 AM
For the FWIW category.

I have been jeweling a freshly painted (>30 days) black car. I use Menzerna products. The clearcoat on this car is soft as butter. In fact I've never encountered a cc so soft. (WTH?). So, when I would get to removing the SF 3,500 a noticeable but trace residue would remain. The pressure on the mf towel necessary to remove the residue would leave VERY slight swirls.

The solution I found was to wipe away as much of the spent 3,500 as possible without marring the paint but leave the residue behind. Because the residue is increasingly miscible with Menzerna Power Lock and Pinnacle Souveran used in subsequent steps, the residue is entirely eliminated at the Souveran step.

While it's not the best practice to leave residue after a correction step, you know what they say. No harm no foul! :)

I know this begs the question, what is the residue? I dunno. I've used this product hundreds of times and have never seen it before. :dunno:

Setec Astronomy
05-03-2016, 11:13 AM
Thomas Dekany has described similar problems on Jet Black BMW's. Sounds like you developed a solution as he did to prevent the marring during wipeoff.