PDA

View Full Version : Vivilon Forevernu - Am I the only one getting horrible results?

Pages : [1] 2

EricL
05-02-2016, 10:08 PM
Hey guys,

First off I wanted to introduce myself! Im not a detailer, but I do on site paint repair for dealerships in my area. That does involve a lot of buffing and touch up. Unfortunately, dealers dont want to pay the costs of a full paint correction, so I mostly spot buff scratches and swirls. Ive used some wipe on clear coats that fill scratches with good results, but I had heard about a product called Vivilon Forevernu. Its a wipe on clear that is supposed to fill scratches, swirls and haze. I ended up talking to the owner some and he seemed pretty confident in his product, so I ordered some - at 300 a quart. The before and after photos looked great, and he had distributors in at least two other countries.

Ive been playing with it for about 3 months, and all the panels Ive done look horrible. I tried to get a refund, but he refused because he says the product works perfectly, and I must be prepping the panel incorrectly or not following the directions. I just took a video of me performing the whole process while reading the instructions out loud and sent it to him, but he is ignoring me now.

So I have maybe 150 dollars worth of a product that I cant use, and cant get support for. Has anyone tried this product in the past and had good or bad results with it? I guess at this point, does anyone want a sample? Maybe someone else can crack the code.

Here is the video I made : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlJchIpn2Gg

Any thoughts?

Sorry if I put this in the wrong section!

custmsprty
05-02-2016, 11:20 PM
Should have bought you're products from Autogeek, they sponsor the forum you are posting on and are the reason we have this place to share our detailing experiences about the products that they distribute.

EricL
05-03-2016, 08:23 AM
I actually buy quite a few products from autogeek and get their newsletter with great discounts, and its how I knew about this forum... If they had a product like this I definitely would have ordered it from them... :)

Is this forum for only products they sell? If so sorry for posting here!

Setec Astronomy
05-03-2016, 08:51 AM
I'm willing to give you a few comments, normally the forum doesn't like discussion of other products, but since it seems this one isn't very good and you would be better served with a product sold here, I'm going to comment.

First of all this product sounds too good to be true (which usually means it is). If there was a product like this that actually worked, I think most of us would have heard of it, and we'd all be using it, rather than the coatings that many of us use. I notice that the company that makes this product also makes a lot of architectural products for sealing masonry and protecting metal from graffiti, so they clearly aren't focused on automotive exclusively.

Second, your prep...I'm not sure why you used an ammonia-based cleaner, but between that and the scuff gel, and your water bottle rinse technique, I'm not confident that you didn't leave some residues on the surface (but you were there and I wasn't, I'm only making an observation).

You didn't really explain why you are using this product--are you painting an adjacent panel that then makes other panels look old and faded, and the dealer won't pay you to detail the "old" panels, so you are looking to spruce them up? Honestly, in the time it took to do this whole wipe-on clearcoat (if you include the dry time), you probably could have given that fender a quick machine buff and put some sealant on it. Or really, in that time you could have done half the car with an AIO.

EricL
05-03-2016, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the comments!

On the first pass there was a bit of residue left, on the second pass there was nothing left. On my first attempt with the product I prepped the panel how I would prep a panel to repaint. When my results turned out bad I called the owner and he said I had to follow the directions on the website and wash the panel down and use the scuffing paste, so Im just following the directions of the website. The panel was wiped down with a mixture of ammonia and water, nothing else. How the vehicle was to be washed wasn't specified, so it shouldn't be crucial.

Im more looking for a product that fills scratches on dark cars. I can put a great quick shine on a car with a rotary, but cant get a dealer to pay what is needed to cut, buff and polish an entire black vehicle. If the product had worked for me as described It would have been perfect... I was hoping someone else here had heard about it and at least given it a try...

Anyways, if you have a recommendation for something that can seal scratches decently that would be great!

Setec Astronomy
05-03-2016, 10:05 AM
Anyways, if you have a recommendation for something that can seal scratches decently that would be great!

Are you looking for a permanent solution, or just something that is going to last a few months? Or a year?

EricL
05-03-2016, 10:13 AM
Permanent would be great, but a few months would work too.

EricL
05-03-2016, 10:15 AM
My wife works with me too and does most of the touch up. She can use a buffer, but cant hold it very long. I bought her a lightweight flex buffer, but she is still limited in using it, hence another incentive to reducing buffing scratches on black vehicles as well...

Setec Astronomy
05-03-2016, 10:21 AM
Permanent would be great, but a few months would work too.

My wife works with me too and does most of the touch up. She can use a buffer, but cant hold it very long. I bought her a lightweight flex buffer, but she is still limited in using it, hence another incentive to reducing buffing scratches on black vehicles as well...

Yeah, I have the same problem with my wife. A couple of good filling products:

CarPro Essence Xtreme Gloss Enhancer 250 ml (http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-essence-xtreme.html)

Prima Amigo Pre-Wax Cleanser & Gloss Enhancer, Prima prewax polish (http://www.autogeek.net/prima-amigo-cleanser.html)

EricL
05-03-2016, 10:24 AM
Awesome! Ill give those a try! Thanks for the advice!

EricL
05-03-2016, 10:25 AM
Would both of those best be hand applied or buffer or DA?

Setec Astronomy
05-03-2016, 10:27 AM
DA. What Flex machine did you buy for your wife?

expdetailing
05-03-2016, 10:30 AM
I'm hearing great things about CarPro Essence. It corrects and fills with a durable filler. I believe it has coating properties, so the durability and shine seems good. I've never used it, but I see people raving about it on forums and YT.

EricL
05-03-2016, 10:36 AM
I bought her the lightweight rotary.

Yeah that would be awesome, the dealers not looking for every scratch removed, but they want them improved quite a bit. These cars aren't coming in trashed, but their detailers just wash and throw some wax on the cars, so this dealership with about 400 used cars, all of the minor paint work, touch up and buffing falls on us.... I can do the work to any level thats required, but with all dealers its a question of time and money.

Setec Astronomy
05-03-2016, 10:45 AM
I think most people who use Amigo or Essence are using a DA, but none of them will be any lighter than a PE-14.