PDA

View Full Version : Cquartz Uk vs. Gtechniq exo

04accord
05-02-2016, 12:50 PM
Im going to be applying a coating to my fathers car in the near future and (I think) I have narrowed it down to these 2. Feed back please

P.S. I have applied a coating once before on my own car, long story short It didn't go 100% but learned a lot from the experience.

haris300
05-02-2016, 01:46 PM
EXO is ridiculously easy to use, but I've never had any issue with GTechniq's other coatings either. CQuartz UK has a bit of a learning curve.

04accord
05-02-2016, 01:52 PM
EXO is ridiculously easy to use, but I've never had any issue with GTechniq's other coatings either. CQuartz UK has a bit of a learning curve.

Is EXO's durability on park with UK's?

Matt@Revive
05-02-2016, 02:17 PM
i think EXO is more of a topper coating, it increases the surface slickness and hyrophobic properties of C1. i'm not sure if EXO has any "sratch resistance", but it will make washing your car super easy.

MattPersman
05-02-2016, 02:31 PM
I think crystal serum light would be more on par with the UK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silverfox
05-02-2016, 02:35 PM
CQuk is not for anybody that doesn't have prior experience with coatings

WRAPT C5Z06
05-02-2016, 02:39 PM
Why do you say that?

David Hayward
05-02-2016, 02:41 PM
I've been looking to try some other offerings just for the experience. I've done about 20 vehicles with cquartz uk and can vouch for it not being the easiest. My first couple on my vehicle and my parents was quite the experience which was great because it helped me price the service accordingly. If you want to spend the time to learn it and do it right cquartz is a great product.

04accord
05-02-2016, 05:56 PM
thanks for chiming in everyone. Any more opinions?

choijw2
10-13-2016, 10:02 PM

Wish I read this before.

First coating I've ever used was Mckee's paint coating and I had no issues with acceptable result, but with CQUK, I am not so sure if I applied it properly.

I preped it with carpro essence and applied CQUK directly on top of it, followed by carpro reload an hour later.
I kept it in the garage over night and had good weather next few days.

It does have glass like shine and it seems slightly darker compare to area I did not apply CQUK, but when it rained, I wansnt very happy with beading... it seemed somewhat flat.
Also it did not feel very slick at all, so still not sure if I applied it correctly.

I applied in mid sep in garage, while it was low 80s.

I am trying to decide dedicated coating system for customers and my top 3 choices were PA COSMIC, Cquarts, and gtechniq crystal serum light
but Polish Angel COSMIC's durability is upto 2 years with regular maintenance according to them (which is slightly lower compare to other 2 coatings)
and CQUK..... was bit harder to apply and seems like very sensitive to surrounding temp and humidity.

Really love PA and probably the easiest to apply but.... gtechniq seems like great coating with longer durability and similar hardness while much cheaper.... but knowing me... I will more likely add EXO on top of it.....

hmmmm

what should I choose for dedicated coating jobs?
I don't want to stock different coating like wax.