PDA

View Full Version : What the heck? Nightmare

Outdoorliffe99
05-01-2016, 08:21 PM
How do I use a chammy? I'm talking one of those leather drying cloths as they are called. Bought a nice one so I thought, but it leaves a yellow fuzz of leather or something behind, an when I ring it out yellow water comes out and its slimy as Sont. Then the next week it's dried as hard as a board so much I wouldn't dare rub on my paint. So was I supposed to run it through the wash first? Or do I just need to chunk it and buy a nice waffle weave towel?

FUNX650
05-01-2016, 08:45 PM
•Before first using a chamois...I find it's
best to wash it in warm water with a mild
detergent (such as Tide Free).
-Afterwards...I let it air dry.

IMO:
If you'd wash & dry your chamois, as above:
It's not too late to salvage this drying tool.

Bob

ScottH
05-01-2016, 08:56 PM
How do I use a chammy? I'm talking one of those leather drying cloths as they are called. Bought a nice one so I thought, but it leaves a yellow fuzz of leather or something behind, an when I ring it out yellow water comes out and its slimy as Sont. Then the next week it's dried as hard as a board so much I wouldn't dare rub on my paint. So was I supposed to run it through the wash first? Or do I just need to chunk it and buy a nice waffle weave towel?

I found the secret is NOT to let it dry completely. I wash mine, wring it out and then plsce it in the plastic tube it came in. Not only does it remain more absorbant this way but never gets briitle or hard. One chamois and one microfiber is all I ever need to dry a car.

ScottH

shagnat
05-11-2016, 08:55 AM
I just use the waffle weave..... but, I feel your pain. Heed the advice above.

motion732
05-11-2016, 09:01 AM
Waffle weave + drying aide such as spray wax = the safest and most effective way to dry a vehicle (excluding sheeting water / elec. leaf blower/masterblaster)

Desertnate
05-11-2016, 10:53 AM
Waffle weave + drying aide such as spray wax = the safest and most effective way to dry a vehicle (excluding sheeting water / elec. leaf blower/masterblaster)

I wholeheartedly agree. I've been down the same road. Started with a chamois, moved to an Absorber, and finally landed on a MF waffle wave towel. Moving to a WW MF towel and using a drying aid has greatly reduced the swirls inflicted from washing.

vobro
05-11-2016, 01:11 PM
I just jam it under my bedroom door on windy days, it makes a great door stop!

WeekendDIY
05-11-2016, 01:43 PM
Mine does the same thing. However, I've recently moved over to all MF. As far as it getting rigid when it dries. I simply soaked it down, wringed it out, and it would be good to go.

Does yours stay stiff and rigid even after soaking it? And if we weren't on a car forum I'd be concerned with that question. LOL