PDA

View Full Version : Optimum No rinse and shine

ichigo103
05-01-2016, 02:36 PM
I use Optimum to Rinse to wash my new car in white pearl, i have been doing it twice a month and it is been 4 months, the car turn out nice. However in extremely sun shine day, it could able to see a super tiny scratches and swirls all over the car only when the sun shine directly to spot and my eye are 1.5 feet away from paint. If I keep my eye about 3 feet from the paint I see nothing. Is it normal or I just did wrong with my car wash? I used CG wash mitt with 2 bucket method for my riseless wash
Thanks
Bach Nguyen

pheerix
05-01-2016, 04:06 PM
Was it a new or used car? What was the condition of the paint when you got it?

SeanChav
05-01-2016, 04:10 PM
Also what kind of car is it?....it could have super soft sensitive paint.

JeffM
05-01-2016, 04:42 PM
Any swirls from washing are ultimately user error, but ONR reduces this greatly.

ichigo103
05-01-2016, 05:19 PM
It a nissan rogue 2016, and I bought It brand new.
Only moment i can see is in extremtly sunshine, otherwise I could not able to see it.
My step of washing.
1. Use wash mitt to wash each panel of the car
2. Spray wax to damp 1 microfiber and spray on the panel.
3. Start spread the wax
4. Use dry microfiber on plush side to buff spray wax.
I use gold towel from chemical guys
Thanks
Bach Nguyen

pheerix
05-01-2016, 05:44 PM
Probably had swirls when you bought it. Dealerships usually aren't careful when prepping new cars.

mwoolfso
05-01-2016, 05:52 PM
Probably had swirls when you bought it. Dealerships usually aren't careful when prepping new cars.

+1

NEVER let the dealership wash the car.

ichigo103
05-01-2016, 06:14 PM
This is what my paint look like, on the first picture when zoom in there is some line, is it not dry well or it is swirl mark? 47670

TTQ B4U
05-01-2016, 06:39 PM
Agree with others that the car most likely had swirls from the dealer/prep. Hit it with HDSpeed with green pads and you'll be golden.

Personally, I'm not a fan of wash mits for rinseless washes. Would recommend the modified Gary Dean method. You can wash your entire car with (4-5) 16x16 480GSM Microfiber towels. Blot it dry, don't drag the towel.

Real Riders
05-01-2016, 07:45 PM
The paint may have already had light scratches before you started but never looked closely before using ONR. Could this be the case? Are you using a bucket with 2 gallons of water, one ounce of solution, and Grit Guard? Another problem could be using two buckets. Two buckets are not recommended with ONR. It dilutes the solution which could lead to light scratches since you would not have enough lubricity

Chris Thomas
05-02-2016, 01:32 PM
No rinse simply means that you don't have to rent so why the soap. You can still prerinse of the car has excess dirt that you don't feel comfortable running a mitt over, and you can use instant they Taylor as you draw to prevent towel marring.

ichigo103
05-02-2016, 06:46 PM
Thanks you for all reply, the scratches and swirl marks I did not see it clearly, it maybe I am not drying the car well.

I am planning to apply car sealant on my car which I follow my step below.

1/ riseless car wash.
2/ clay car with fine clay sponge from nano skin
3/ apply Wolfgang polish enhancer
4/ apply Wolfgang paint sealant 3.0

Step 3 and 4 I will apply with yellow applicator pad from meguiars