PDA

View Full Version : Waver for engine cleaning?

Pages : [1] 2

BrianJM
05-01-2016, 10:32 AM
Hey guys, I was talking to my old boss the other day and he said he has his customers sign a waver stating that his shop isn't responsible for engines running rough or any other complication after a engine detail. I was wondering if any of y'all do that?

FUNX650
05-01-2016, 11:21 AM
•IMO:
-That's a harbinger of a Business
being uninsured/underinsured;
and/or: untrained/undertrained...

-with either scenario being powerful
deterrents for potential Customers.

Bob

BrianJM
05-01-2016, 11:57 AM
•IMO:
-That's a harbinger of a Business
being uninsured/underinsured;
and/or: untrained/undertrained...

-with either scenario being powerful
deterrents for potential Customers.

Bob

Yeah I can see from a customers pov it could seem that way. I know for a fact they are professionals over there at the same time I have no idea about the specifics of they're insurance policy. I could imagine that there are a number of negative variables to what could potentially go wrong with a engine detail. From a customer making fictional accusations to get over or actually something going wrong.

GSKR
05-01-2016, 12:39 PM
I don't do engine at all for a 200.00 detail,is not worth 1000.00 repair.writing or not and you have to be a idiot to sign a waiver.

BrianJM
05-01-2016, 02:08 PM
I don't do engine at all for a 200.00 detail,is not worth 1000.00 repair.writing or not and you have to be a idiot to sign a waiver.

Yeah I hear ya man. Def wouldn't throw a engine detail in with a 200 dollar detail. I know they get a lot of business. Not sure how the form is presented either.

GSKR
05-01-2016, 02:24 PM
I paid out 3500.00 on a s600 for a stupid engine cleaning,even with all the covering and precautions it takes.just not worth it on a 800.00 detail. Some people will disagree but there time will come if they do a lot of production detailing.oh look my car and engine is spotless but it deosnt run lol.

FUNX650
05-01-2016, 02:25 PM
I have no idea about the specifics
of they're insurance policy.

I could imagine that there are a number of
negative variables to what could potentially
go wrong with a engine detail.

Not sure how the form is presented either.
Wait a minute...
Didn't you used to work for him?
Didn't you ever do an engine detail
when you worked there?

I was talking to my old boss the other day

and he said he has his customers
sign a waver stating that his shop
isn't responsible for

engines running rough
or any other complication
after a engine detail.

Bob

GSKR
05-01-2016, 02:27 PM
Some of the later models with all the plastic covering you can just wipe it down,takes time and ruins rags but for 25 to 50 dollars I personally don't want to get involved.

BrianJM
05-01-2016, 02:48 PM
Wait a minute...
Didn't you used to work for him?
Didn't you ever do an engine detail
when you worked there?

Bob

Yeah of course I did plenty. Never had a problem. But now that I'm independent and hearing all these horror stories it's different.

BrianJM
05-01-2016, 02:49 PM
Some of the later models with all the plastic covering you can just wipe it down,takes time and ruins rags but for 25 to 50 dollars I personally don't want to get involved.

Has you not offering the service ever impact you sales?

GSKR
05-01-2016, 02:52 PM
Do yourself a favor and don't do engines case closed.and good luck on your venture in auto detailing.

BrianJM
05-01-2016, 04:04 PM
Do yourself a favor and don't do engines case closed.and good luck on your venture in auto detailing.

TY

GSKR
05-01-2016, 04:19 PM
No not at all,anyone with common sense will decline if you explain the risk factor.They actually like you being upfront and honest with them.just had a customer ask me on sat with a Tahoe with 200k on it to clean engine cause there selling it.

RangerDetails
05-01-2016, 06:16 PM
It is THAT risky to do an engine cleaning?

I did one for a friend yesterday, went well. But now you guys are scaring me. Maybe I should stop offering the service.

Octopiston
05-01-2016, 06:21 PM
With the way people are now days, I could see someone bringing a car in with issues to get a detail in hopes that it won't start afterwards so they can get you to pay for the repair.

I've done them all my car owning life, on my cars and never had an issue. It only takes once on someone else's car though.