PDA

View Full Version : please help me to achieve spotless finish

mangahaspaulo
04-30-2016, 10:58 PM
hey guys! im new to this forum. i hope you can help me. im from the philippines and having trouble with swirls. we've been using 3m compound together with rotary and the waffle like pad. i tried using megs swirl x but still the swirls doesnt come off. im aiming to achieve that swirl free finish. im currently using rotary but planning to buy a DA. im also planning in buying the mothers 3 steps.any suggestions? we only have limited products here in the phili. my top choices are 3m, mothers, and meguiars. hope you all can help me. thanks!

jekzb
05-02-2016, 06:34 PM
Try the Meguiars DA Microfiber Correction System. Works pretty good! :props::props:

FUNX650
05-02-2016, 07:40 PM
IMO:
-Once you get the DA...
you'll find that switching from a rotary,
(that is a direct drive and has a circular
polishing action)...to a DA machine, (that
has a different type of polishing action)...

to finish up with the final polishing step(s):

-may be just what you need to achieve
the spotless finish you're looking for.

Bob

cardaddy
05-02-2016, 08:23 PM
Try the Meguiars DA Microfiber Correction System. Works pretty good! :props::props:

Not with a rotary (which he's using). ;)

mangahaspaulo
05-03-2016, 04:22 AM
thanks guys! by the way whats the difference of orbital polisher from DA?

Don M
05-03-2016, 04:51 AM
thanks guys! by the way whats the difference of orbital polisher from DA?

They are the same thing: Orbital polisher, RANDOM orbital polisher, Dual/Action polisher, PC - all the same

EXCEPT there are "wax spreaders" from Auto Zone Sears etc that ARE a type of orbital polisher, but they have no power for correcting paint, they are good for spreading wax - hence the nickname, but not for much else.

mangahaspaulo
05-03-2016, 08:01 AM
thanks Don! well, im torn between the meguiars DA Drill vs the actual DA polisher. what can you suggest?