PDA

View Full Version : Carpet pile restoration

jdeday
04-29-2016, 01:26 PM
Hello everyone.

I have a 2005 BMW X3 and I recently cleaned the carpet with a Bissell Carpet Cleaner. The result after I was done is that the carpet fibers are matted together. I have attached photographs. After the carpet dried I tried using a stiff bristle brush to remove the matting but was not success at restoring the plush look of the carpet. Please help.

GSKR
04-29-2016, 02:37 PM
That carpet is not that plush to begin with.maybe to much soap use the bisell with water only then see if you get better results to you're liking.

Audios S6
04-29-2016, 02:40 PM
^^^^ agreed. Lightly rewet and brush the fibers, then extract, brush and dry as fast as possible.

It would be best to use an acidic fiber rinse for both rewetting and as the extraction fluid

BillE
04-30-2016, 07:10 AM
Agree with both above!

Not to put you down, but one of the biggest mistakes folks make in shampooing carpets is, using WAY to much 'soap'. That and not letting the carpeting dry completely before walking, placing furniture, etc. too soon. Same goes for vehicle situations.

Bill

jdeday
05-01-2016, 04:48 PM
That carpet is not that plush to begin with.maybe to much soap use the bisell with water only then see if you get better results to you're liking.

I will try the water only method you recommend. Honestly the carpet in my BMW is far plusher than what was installed in my Pontiac.

jdeday
05-01-2016, 04:51 PM
Agree with both above!

Not to put you down, but one of the biggest mistakes folks make in shampooing carpets is, using WAY to much 'soap'. That and not letting the carpeting dry completely before walking, placing furniture, etc. too soon. Same goes for vehicle situations.

Bill

Bill, no put down. I was wondering the same if I used to much soap. Will try to drench the carpet with water and then extract. I will have to wait a few days until the weather improves here in Pennsylvania until I can give it a try.

Thanks.