PDA

View Full Version : Can you apply Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 OVER Poorboys Black Hole?

uhohitsstevo
04-29-2016, 12:06 PM
The entire question is in the title. I can not find the answer to this anywhere!

Setec Astronomy
04-29-2016, 12:07 PM
Yes.

Kamakaz1961
04-29-2016, 12:07 PM
Yes. Black Hole is a glaze (and an awesome one at that too). In fact, you are supposed to put an LSP over the glaze. So apply away!! Pictures Please!!!

uhohitsstevo
04-29-2016, 12:08 PM
Yes.

Will it make it last any less? How long should I wait to let it bond.

Kamakaz1961
04-29-2016, 12:09 PM
Will it make it last any less? How long should I wait to let it bond.

I have used Black Hole. Just wait till it dries (finger swipe test). Wipe off the Glaze then apply your LSP whether it be a sealant or wax...

JSMet
04-29-2016, 02:48 PM
Two winning products. I've never used them together, but there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to. Please send some pics on your final finish. Should be nice.

uhohitsstevo
04-29-2016, 07:52 PM
I have used Black Hole. Just wait till it dries (finger swipe test). Wipe off the Glaze then apply your LSP whether it be a sealant or wax...

Have you tried any of the other sealants I am looking at a few and want to make sure I am making the right choice.

uhohitsstevo
04-29-2016, 07:53 PM
Two winning products. I've never used them together, but there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to. Please send some pics on your final finish. Should be nice.

Do you have any experience with any other glazes? I am looking to get a good deep shine. I also read online people saying that if you polish the car well enough that it shouldn't need a glaze. Is this true is a glaze essentially a waste possibly?

ronkh57
04-29-2016, 07:57 PM
They work very well together. Can't be sure about longevity. I never waited long enough to find out.

uhohitsstevo
04-29-2016, 08:07 PM
They work very well together. Can't be sure about longevity. I never waited long enough to find out.

For instance tho would the PB Black Hole last as long as the sealant on top lasted? People are saying to properly polish the car and that a glaze is great for "cutting corners". I am gonna use m105/m205 and then the PB black hole then the WGDS3.0. or should I just used a extra ultra fine polish instead of the PB?

Kamakaz1961
04-29-2016, 08:12 PM
Have you tried any of the other sealants I am looking at a few and want to make sure I am making the right choice.

You hit a home run with the Wolfgang Sealant...Top Notch product!! If you are looking for others there is Menzerna Powerlock, Blackfire, and Poorboy's, etc. However, the Wolfgang's is just as good or better...you can't go wrong with the sealant you chose. Like I said you hit 2 home runs with your choices....no need to change anything. If it were me you are good!

ronkh57
04-29-2016, 08:17 PM
For instance tho would the PB Black Hole last as long as the sealant on top lasted? People are saying to properly polish the car and that a glaze is great for "cutting corners". I am gonna use m105/m205 and then the PB black hole then the WGDS3.0. or should I just used a extra ultra fine polish instead of the PB?

I don't use a glaze to fill. black hole adds a certain gloss above the polished paint. I have never noticed it degrading longevity of any sealant. But as I said, I wouldn't really know because I play too much.

uhohitsstevo
04-29-2016, 08:33 PM
You hit a home run with the Wolfgang Sealant...Top Notch product!! If you are looking for others there is Menzerna Powerlock, Blackfire, and Poorboy's, etc. However, the Wolfgang's is just as good or better...you can't go wrong with the sealant you chose. Like I said you hit 2 home runs with your choices....no need to change anything. If it were me you are good!

This is good news. Does the PB Black Hole last as long as the sealant on top lasts? Would you recommend using the PO85RD as a super finishing polish or will the 205 be enough?