PDA

View Full Version : Corvette engine bays

Surfer
10-13-2007, 03:33 PM
Sprucing up the two lazyboy chairs for mother/boyfriend, the C6 Z doesn't worry me, the C4 seems to have a ton of exposed wires and everything. I'd really rather not seal everything up in bags lol. Ford trucks no problemo washing down, Viper engine no problemo, Porsche engine no problemo, the C4 bay on the other hand doesn't look friendly to washing. Its a 92', Gary what did you do with yours? Any hints

Gary Sword
10-13-2007, 05:39 PM
Sprucing up the two lazyboy chairs for mother/boyfriend, the C6 Z doesn't worry me, the C4 seems to have a ton of exposed wires and everything. I'd really rather not seal everything up in bags lol. Ford trucks no problemo washing down, Viper engine no problemo, Porsche engine no problemo, the C4 bay on the other hand doesn't look friendly to washing. Its a 92', Gary what did you do with yours? Any hints

I just wash my C4 engine with soap and water but I don't spray it with a hose. I always keep it clean so it's not much of a problem.

D
10-13-2007, 05:39 PM
Use aluminum foil.

Surfer
10-13-2007, 06:28 PM
I just wash my C4 engine with soap and water but I don't spray it with a hose. I always keep it clean so it's not much of a problem.Its pretty dirty, with any of the other vehicles I'll just spray a degreaser or apc on, agitate and rinse with hose and everythings fine. but the C4 seems to have a lot of exposed wires and nooks and crannies I don't want water getting into, guess I'll wrap with foil and try to gently wash downn.

ScottB
10-13-2007, 07:08 PM
I work with an APC (DP) and a good brush. I then wipe off all areas by hand and used compressed air in cracks as possible. I then use a non-silicone dressing like 303 on all wires and looms. Using Klasse AIO on all painted parts finishes the detail. As Gary offered, keeping it up religiously is easier than major detail. If car has tuned port injection, make sure the Opti-spark is covered or protected.

supercharged
10-13-2007, 10:41 PM
Perhaps you should use a damp towel and DP engine degreaser...

Yukon Cornelius
10-14-2007, 05:59 PM
I work with an APC (DP) and a good brush. I then wipe off all areas by hand and used compressed air in cracks as possible. I then use a non-silicone dressing like 303 on all wires and looms. Using Klasse AIO on all painted parts finishes the detail. As Gary offered, keeping it up religiously is easier than major detail. If car has tuned port injection, make sure the Opti-spark is covered or protected.

TPI doesn't have optispark. That's the LT1's.