PDA

View Full Version : What Has George Clooney Done To Me?

Pages : [1] 2

Setec Astronomy
04-28-2016, 03:14 PM
I was watching something on YouTube and they had a commercial with George Clooney for Nespresso (a capsule-based espresso machine), and now I'm obsessed with getting one with milk injection...and I drink instant coffee at home, never go to Starbucks, and never drink any of that latte/cappuccino/espresso stuff because I can't figure out what they are...so why am I obsessed with getting one of these machines and is George Clooney to blame or someone else?

ViperGuy21
04-28-2016, 04:54 PM
That's funny. I do know all the coffee-lingo because I go to Starbucks a lot to study with friends but I usually just get black coffee. If you are looking for a better cup of joe, look at a French press. I just picked one up on Amazon and I love it! So much better than a machine, and a million miles above instant

FUNX650
04-28-2016, 05:02 PM
Editorial:
One would think that with all the movie-money
he's made, that he really shouldn't need any
subsidies from commercials.

{Amal must be a little bit more "high
maintenance" than for what the original
plan had allotted.}

Yes...
That appears to be a nice/(Nice) machine;
but a little too rich for my Blood(line).

And...
I'm not wanting to donate/have monies funneled,
for the support of his (future) Legal Defense Fund.

Bob

Setec Astronomy
04-28-2016, 05:17 PM
Editorial:
One would think that with all the movie-money
he's made, that he really shouldn't need any
subsidies from commercials.

{Amal must be a little bit more "high maintenance"
than for what the original plan had allotted.}

You would think.

That appears to be a nice/(Nice) machine;
but a little too rich for my Blood(line).

Yeah, me too...I usually buy Folger's instant, but in a display of cheapness I just bought the supermarket brand at ~60% of the Folger's price...this is why I am perplexed at why I am obsessed with a several hundred dollar machine with a $.40-.80 capsule cost...I must be under George Clooney's spell!

custmsprty
04-28-2016, 05:20 PM
I was watching something on YouTube and they had a commercial with George Clooney for Nespresso (a capsule-based espresso machine), and now I'm obsessed with getting one with milk injection...and I drink instant coffee at home, never go to Starbucks, and never drink any of that latte/cappuccino/espresso stuff because I can't figure out what they are...so why am I obsessed with getting one of these machines and is George Clooney to blame or someone else?

I prefer the Nespresso commercials with Penelope Cruz, it's more guy style. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXUyQ2izpkM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6BXbaDXsZU

Setec Astronomy
04-28-2016, 05:29 PM
I prefer the Nespresso commercials with Penelope Cruz, it's more guy style. LOL

Oh great, so now I'm not the only one questioning my masculinity :cry:

I didn't know they had other spokepersons, I don't remember ever seeing a Nespresso commercial before George got a hold of me.

custmsprty
04-28-2016, 05:35 PM
Oh great, so now I'm not the only one questioning my masculinity :cry:

I didn't know they had other spokepersons, I don't remember ever seeing a Nespresso commercial before George got a hold of me.

Not at all brother, just pointing you in the right direction. Obviously Penelope left an impression on me and I don't even drink coffee. :laughing:

I've mentioned I sell packaging for a living. About 4 years ago I went into a 3PL (third party logistics) and they were doing all the Nespresso fulfillment. It's basically an alternative to Kuerigs pods.

Setec Astronomy
04-28-2016, 05:42 PM
Not at all brother, just pointing you in the right direction. Obviously Penelope left an impression on me and I don't even drink coffee. :laughing:

Usually women in ads don't sway me...that's why I'm worried about what Clooney is doing to me...

usmcpab
04-28-2016, 05:50 PM
The best coffee in my opinion is when you grind the coffee beans right before you brew. I used to purchase coffee pre grounded until my friend made me some on a French press with freshly ground coffee. Difference is night and day. So if you want really delicious coffee, invest in a great burr coffee grinder that can finely grind beans, and a French press. Oh and of course coffee beans.

cyclops
04-28-2016, 05:52 PM
At least it wasn't Danny DeVito that got you.
Stayed at a hotel that had one, wife fell in love with it and of course we now have one in our kitchen. Really like it, easy to use and makes great "coffee".

custmsprty
04-28-2016, 05:53 PM
The best coffee in my opinion is when you grind the coffee beans right before you brew. I used to purchase coffee pre grounded until my friend made me some on a French press with freshly ground coffee. Difference is night and day. So if you want really delicious coffee, invest in a great burr coffee grinder that can finely grind beans, and a French press. Oh and of course coffee beans.

Yeah, I bought my wife a grinder and she couldn't believe the difference. Once you break the bean you break it's natural packaging. Let the experts roast the beans but grind your own coffee.

spazzz
04-28-2016, 06:05 PM
My sister and I go through 10 lbs. of free trade coffee(from Amazon) a month.
Every 5 pounds is a different brew. Freshly ground with a grinder every time is the only way.

Clooney and DeVito did make an attention grabbing short clip that makes me smile. It also makes me wonder why people fiddle around with a machine like that.

Kamakaz1961
04-28-2016, 06:06 PM
LOL I know that commercial. I make my own coffee and IMO it is the best for me. If I do have to get coffee I go to a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts. I will not go to Starbucks as I do not want to be called a racist because I order Black Coffee. Additionally, Starbucks coffee taste like Rot Gut and all the other hoity toity made coffee is not coffee....to me at least.

Setec, I bet your instant coffee would taste better too! Stick with your Nescafe!!....LOL

Setec Astronomy
04-28-2016, 06:08 PM
Starbucks coffee taste like Rot Gut and all the other hoity toity made coffee is not coffee....to me at least.

Like that Denis Leary bit "...what flavor do I want?? Coffee-flavored coffee!!"

Setec, I bet your instant coffee would taste better too! Stick with your Nescafe!!....LOL

That's actually funny because I believe Nespresso is owned by Nestle, who of course also owns Nescafe.

custmsprty
04-28-2016, 06:31 PM
Like that Denis Leary bit "...what flavor do I want?? Coffee-flavored coffee!!"

That's actually funny because I believe Nespresso is owned by Nestle, who of course also owns Nescafe.

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner and it's Setec

Nespresso. Nespresso is the brand name of Nestlé Nespresso S.A., an operating unit of the Nestlé Group, based in Lausanne, Switzerland. Nespresso machines brew espresso and coffee from coffee capsules, or pods in bar machines, a type of pre-apportioned single-use container of ground coffee beans with added flavorings.