PDA

View Full Version : Car Wash Express Wax Service

erslimaoh
04-28-2016, 06:34 AM
Mike,
Building a detail facility next to our express exterior wash and during the interim, looking to start doing express one step wax services for customers. I know I will have choices to make for the detail facility concerning equipment but for starters, which all in one product would you recommend and which polisher? This will be done outside in the sun. Thanks.

Setec Astronomy
04-28-2016, 06:37 AM
I know Mike will have plenty of suggestions for you, but every business like yours that I see has some sort of shelter that they work under so they're not working in direct sunlight, usually one of those fabric ones with a metal frame with a lot of legs that you can shoot to the asphalt with a lag bolt (I guess, I've never put a lag bolt into asphalt, but surely if you have concrete that will work).

GSKR
04-28-2016, 07:24 AM
Mike,
Building a detail facility next to our express exterior wash and during the interim, looking to start doing express one step wax services for customers. I know I will have choices to make for the detail facility concerning equipment but for starters, which all in one product would you recommend and which polisher? This will be done outside in the sun. Thanks.just a suggestion why don't you add on a wax sealer in the wash itself.with the labor and expense I think you will be more profitable that way.you would have to do a minimum of 10 wax jobs a day at a express price to make it worth it.

GSKR
04-28-2016, 07:26 AM
Not to mention a big portion of that maybe waiters,so quality will sacrifice.just stick to full blown full details.

erslimaoh
04-28-2016, 08:41 AM
just a suggestion why don't you add on a wax sealer in the wash itself.with the labor and expense I think you will be more profitable that way.you would have to do a minimum of 10 wax jobs a day at a express price to make it worth it.

The car wash has simoniz hot wax in the top package and other sealants in the wash packages. Using a polisher with a quality all in one is a different beast with much better results.

erslimaoh
04-28-2016, 08:42 AM
I actually already thought about a canopy. I've seen some products that can be used in direct sunlight but if the best need to be done in shade, then a canopy will be used.

silverfox
04-28-2016, 08:52 AM
There are products like Sonax easy shine that is a hand wipe AIO wax that has abrasives in it and is as easy to apply as a spray wax but has polishing ability and cleaners built in

ronkh57
04-28-2016, 09:05 AM
Poorboys made to work in sun.

But remember if it's too hot to touch, it's too hot to detail.

erslimaoh
05-03-2016, 06:23 AM
There are products like Sonax easy shine that is a hand wipe AIO wax that has abrasives in it and is as easy to apply as a spray wax but has polishing ability and cleaners built in

Thanks. It will be in the trial arsenal.

dlc95
05-03-2016, 06:35 AM
When I briefly had my tunnel, I did a handful of cars with Meguiar's M66 Quick Detailer. Machine was a Porter Cable 7424xp, Pads were Lake Country White CCS.

My wash was in a downtown area with no room for additional offline services. I had to do their cars in a parking spot which was on the other side of the alley that ran along side the wash.

erslimaoh
05-05-2016, 06:38 AM
When I briefly had my tunnel, I did a handful of cars with Meguiar's M66 Quick Detailer. Machine was a Porter Cable 7424xp, Pads were Lake Country White CCS.

My wash was in a downtown area with no room for additional offline services. I had to do their cars in a parking spot which was on the other side of the alley that ran along side the wash.

Thank you. Just the information I was seeking.