PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgangs tire & wheel cleaner.. Not impressed

stanza387
04-27-2016, 07:41 PM
So I just got a bottle of WGs tire and wheel cleaner HOPING it would take off the crud i have stuck to my rims with no problem.. I followed the directions and sprayed the gel formula onto my rims while they were wet, let it sit for about 30-45 seconds and then went ahead and used a medium-hard bristle rim brush to try and remove the stuck on dirt thays on my rims from 2-3 of neglect and not washing properly. Well needless to say the WG tire and wheel cleaner didn't even put a dent in the dirt.. I mean it litterally didn't even touch it. I scrubbed the puss out of the soiled spots to and nothing. The thing is I KNOW I can get the stuff off by using a really hard bristled brush and ALOT of elbow grease with some Amazing Roll Off BUUUT I'm doing some experimenting here and I'm trying to find a product that is going to help me get the stuff off. Next up on my list of products to try is Mother's Tire and Wheel Cleaner foam spray. I'm gonna try that tomorrow so we will see.. Attached is a pic of my rims and in the corners you can easily see the stuck on crud I'm talking about. Can anyone recommend any products for this? And just to make it clear this is NOT rust. Its just dirt from years of not keeping the rims cleaned.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
04-27-2016, 07:53 PM
That actually looks like failure of the wheel plating/coating from lack of proper care.

GSKR
04-27-2016, 08:06 PM
That actually looks like failure of the wheel plating/coating from lack of proper care.
Agree or try a acid based cleaner or iron x.

expdetailing
04-27-2016, 08:09 PM
30 bucks at years of neglect is obsurd expectations. Stick around so you don't let the rest of your car fall apart.

expdetailing
04-27-2016, 08:14 PM
Send in a picture of some "elbow grease and Amazing Roll-off" and I'll eat my words.

stanza387
04-27-2016, 08:24 PM
Send in a picture of some "elbow grease and Amazing Roll-off" and I'll eat my words.

I'll post a pic tmrw it's dark out right now but I've already done parts of one of my rims.. Its not failure of anything it's just caked on road grime that's built up over the years. I'll send u a dam video of me doing it.. I'm not gonna sit here and lie about how I cleaned my #### ass rims on my 2006 buick lacrosse daily driver

expdetailing
04-27-2016, 08:39 PM
How do you expect any cleaner to take off years of road grime? No cleaner on earth should be compared to what you subjected your rims to. Don't scrub to hard either, you'll just mar the rims.
I'll send you a bottle of ironx if you need it, and I think you do. PM me, and I'll ship it out first thing tomorrow.