PDA

View Full Version : CarPro Essence + Sonax PNS + Sonax BSD - Have you tried this combo?

BadgerRivFan
04-27-2016, 10:59 AM
My wife's daily driver is due for a light polish and a refresh of her existing LSP. I've used Essence and PNS/BSD on other vehicles, but have never tried Essence topped with Polymer Net Shield. Have you tried this combination on your ride? Seems like it would work well (in theory anyway), as PNS was originally designed as a coating topper and Essence has coating characteristics built into the polish.

I realize that Essence topped with CQ, CQUK, Reload, etc. all work well, but I'm interested in comments specifically regarding using Essence with PNS as the LSP and BSD as a maintenance product. Thanks!

BadgerRivFan
04-27-2016, 06:58 PM
Nobody? Wow, epic thread fail... Lol [emoji846]

CarolinasFinestDetailing
04-27-2016, 07:48 PM
Obviously, I would personally recommend topping with CarPro Reload, CQuartz Classic, or UK. However; I do not see why you can't top Essence with PNS. I have personally topped Essence with Opti Seal because I somehow forgot Reload. A few months later and the customer still loves the beading and sheeting. Try it out and let us know how long the combo lasts. I assume you're using BSD as a drying aid in the equation?

expdetailing
04-27-2016, 08:17 PM
PNS is an over-hyped. Try something else like Blackfire Wet Diamond.

gregory1420
04-27-2016, 08:52 PM
PNS is an over-hyped. Try something else like Blackfire Wet Diamond.

why do you say PNS is over hyped?

DBAILEY
04-27-2016, 08:57 PM
Sounds like a good combo to me. PNS is the best thing I've tried to prevent water spot etching. They seem to wipe off cleaner than any other sealant I've tried.

expdetailing
04-27-2016, 08:59 PM
It's longevity is overrated, by a man who's name rhymes with Denny Hoyle. I trusted him and tried the product, and was disappointed with its longevity. It's no better than anything PBMG makes and sells, and anything PBMG is a dream to apply and remove. I can't say the same for PNS.

tenblade2001
04-27-2016, 10:17 PM
I going to respectfully disagree about PNS. I've tried a lot of sealants (Blackfire, Jet Seal, M Seal, etc) and PNS, especially if you touch up with BSD, is awesome. It is my go to for winter protection. It can be tricky to apply, but there are several threads with hacks to make it easier.

AGOatemywallet
04-27-2016, 10:24 PM
It's longevity is overrated, by a man who's name rhymes with Denny Hoyle. I trusted him and tried the product, and was disappointed with its longevity. It's no better than anything PBMG makes and sells, and anything PBMG is a dream to apply and remove. I can't say the same for PNS.

Maybe your results weren't great because you don't clay Customer cars prior to polishing?

custmsprty
04-27-2016, 10:46 PM
Maybe your results weren't great because you don't clay Customer cars prior to polishing?

This paint was never clayed in 12 years of me owning the vehicle, the lsp looks like it's doing it's job just fine.

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/custmsprty/superbeads.jpg (http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/custmsprty/media/superbeads.jpg.html)

Fast Eddie
04-27-2016, 10:51 PM
Hey, trust who ya got to trust. I trust my own testing and results. I test my products on tow trucks with or without decon and PNS is FAR and beyond better than most products in the same category. It's on my own pickup truck right now and performs better than many other products that PBMG sells. Thank goodness, as a full time pro detailer, I rely on my own test results and not of some other detailers or I would be duped. Is a fantastic sealant than has my customers raving.

BadgerRivFan
04-28-2016, 09:54 AM
Try it out and let us know how long the combo lasts. I assume you're using BSD as a drying aid in the equation?

I've only used PNS once, on my neighbors A6 which I detailed over New Years...

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160428/9fda0b26d51df76cb3e0b26f36511eaf.jpg

Drove by their house the other day and noticed the clean (and shiny) car sitting in the garage. It looks like the PNS has held up great over the past 4 months. I had done a two-step correction with Wolfgang TSR and Prima Amigo prior to applying the PNS.

Think I'll take CarolinasFinest suggestion and give the Essence/PNS combo a try and report back with my experience. I'll use BSD as a topper/drying aid after my weekly rinseless washes.

Thanks to all for your responses.

Cruzscarwash
06-04-2018, 06:44 AM
I've only used PNS once, on my neighbors A6 which I detailed over New Years...

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160428/9fda0b26d51df76cb3e0b26f36511eaf.jpg

Drove by their house the other day and noticed the clean (and shiny) car sitting in the garage. It looks like the PNS has held up great over the past 4 months. I had done a two-step correction with Wolfgang TSR and Prima Amigo prior to applying the PNS.

Think I'll take CarolinasFinest suggestion and give the Essence/PNS combo a try and report back with my experience. I'll use BSD as a topper/drying aid after my weekly rinseless washes.

Thanks to all for your responses.What ever happened???

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

BadgerRivFan
06-04-2018, 10:06 AM
I ended up coating my wife's car with the Wolfgang coating instead of using PNS. A year later (in the spring of 2017), I "boosted" the Wolfgang coating by using Essence Plus and then eventually topped it with TAC Systems Moonlight. Fast forward a year later (2018) and her car is now ready to have everything stripped off and a new coating installed. I'm going to go with two coats of Kamikaze Miyabi Coat and one coat of Kamikaze ISM this time around.

At the time of my initial post, Essence was a fairly new product. I've used Essence a few times now and have put various coatings on top in addition to Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Sealant and Pinnacle Black Label Synergy. All have worked fine. I have no doubt PNS could successfully be applied on top of Essence now that I have a little more experience with the product.

Recently, I coated a friend's new Porsche 911 with the Gyeon Syncro coating system. I used Gyeon Primer instead of Essence as the polish before coating. I really enjoyed Primer as it was super easy to work with (slightly less finicky than Essence) and left a terrific gloss on the paint. I liked it so much that I used it on my '65 Riviera Gran Sport and then topped it with a few different hybrid waxes on various panels (Dodo Juice Blue Velvet Pro, Dodo Juice Purple Haze Pro, and Angelwax Fifth Element to be specific) just to see how it would turn out. I am pleased with the results and will continue to use Gyeon Primer as a base for these type of waxes...

BadgerRivFan
06-04-2018, 10:08 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180604/f95d96f8cb7836a395c55ec614563735.jpg