PDA

View Full Version : Klasse Twins & DG105

Zubair
04-27-2016, 07:06 AM
Hi

With all the recent queries on the above, I too wanted something cleared up. Are the above mentioned products for hand use only?

From Klass AIO, SG and DuraGloss 105 which gives a nicer shine used on its own?

Desertnate
04-27-2016, 07:30 AM
I've never used Duragloss products, nor have I used Klasse AIO all on it's own. I've always used the twins together and viewed the AIO as simply a surface prep for the SG.

I will say the the Klasse products are much easier to use by hand. Because they are so thin and you apply so little, I found hand application to work better. Using the AIO under SG does produce a very nice, very durable shine.

Zubair
04-27-2016, 07:38 AM
Thanks Nate, using AIO on its own and topped with SG, what was the visual difference? Did SG over AIO enhance the look or didn't add anything but added protection?

Desertnate
04-27-2016, 07:53 AM
Thanks Nate, using AIO on its own and topped with SG, what was the visual difference? Did SG over AIO enhance the look or didn't add anything but added protection?

To be honest, in the 8~9 years of using SG I never took a step back to observe the results of AIO by itself! I simply plowed through the application and then looked at the results once I was finished with the SG.

FUNX650
04-27-2016, 10:50 AM
Are the above mentioned products for hand use only?

From my experience: absolutely not!
These products are easier to apply more
"thinly" (as recommended) by machine.

And the AIOs (K-AIO and Duragloss 105), as
expected, become even more effective paint-
blemish-busters when used with machines.

which gives a nicer shine used on its own?
•Can't say:
-I use the "Klasse Twins" in tandem
-I use 105 with 601

Bob

conman1395
04-27-2016, 12:52 PM
From my experience: absolutely not!
These products are easier to apply more
"thinly" (as recommended) by machine.

And the AIOs (K-AIO and Duragloss 105), as
expected, become even more effective paint-
blemish-busters when used with machines.

•Can't say:
-I use the "Klasse Twins" in tandem
-I use 105 with 601

Bob

Everything he said.

I will say that I've never used KSG, but I have used AIO. I've never used AIO on a machine because I have only used it to clean certain areas and never used it over the entire car.

If you're going to use DG 105, then I highly recommend using 601 as well. DG 105 lasted me nine months before I decided to buff it off for something else. I feel like I could've gotten 10-12 months if I left it alone.

Zubair
04-28-2016, 02:41 AM
Will have to get my hands on these and try them out for myself.

Don M
04-28-2016, 06:29 AM
While I have not tried Klasse SG by machine (even though the description on AG says you can) I HAVE used AIO by machine and IME I can say that it does exactly what it was meant to: cleans and leaves a nice, slick surface. But without the SG on top, it doesn't last very long.