PDA

View Full Version : Starting up Seminole Detail, So spend my money! :)

ryandamartini
10-12-2007, 06:53 PM
Well I am starting up Seminole Detail due to the mass demand here @ FSU. I mean I put the idea on facebook and had 200 emails in 3 days asking for information O.O

Magus is working hard on the logo and banner for my new website which is being hosted by Microsoft. BTW if you have microsoft office 2000 + [legal version] you get a free domain name and 500mb space with 10gb transfer a month! :) FREE!

I am picking up my Dewalt Battery Powered Vacuum Cleaner which is just freaking SWEET! I still need to work out a stain removing solution as I really dont want to tote a generator around in my Camry. I dont know, I might break down eventually, but for now, I need to find a solution.

Also I need new products :D

I am looking for a rinseless wash. I am stuck between 4 in 1 and ONR. I dont know which is better, but I do have experience with ONR from back in the day.

I need products with a good clean, maybe fruity scent. I want to make sure the interior smells nice to remind my customers how that clean smell and feel is. As far as exterior waxes go, its Fall / Winter in Tallahassee, so it will be Souveran / MaxWax all the way. I know I will get them hooked on the look and feel of a quality Carnauba Wax:) On the whites/golds/silver I will be looking at a highly reflective sealant. I still havent decided on this.

For the outside of these cars, we need the whole kit n kaboodle of no rinse products, heh. I figure a rinseless wash and claying will be definately enough for the larger majority of the vehicles. Ive learned that APC in wheelwells with a brush works pretty well then coming around with an old towel.

Also, WHEELS. There are some scary ones here that need to be cleaned without rinsing. Yes it will suck without washing them with DP Gell which is awesome, but I need to figure a solution out for this.

So with this in mind:

Interior Dressing:
Glass Cleaner:
No Rinse Wash:
Tire Dressing:
Wheel Cleaner:

Sealant:

Carpet Cleaning Solution? : [ideas please]

Small generators... Just for future reference:

Thanks All,

Ryan M

D
10-12-2007, 07:54 PM
Interior Dressing: PM me
Glass Cleaner: PM me
Tire Dressing: PM me
Sealant: PM me
Carpet: DP Total Interior Cleaner.

ryandamartini
10-12-2007, 09:17 PM
thanks for the suggestion and yhpm

MikeyC
10-12-2007, 10:55 PM
ONR/DP 4-n-1 actually works really well for cleaning wheels & wheel wells.

ltoman
10-13-2007, 12:07 AM
folex for carpet, no? spray some febreeze (sp?) for autos last. ?

ryandamartini
10-13-2007, 12:19 AM
ONR/DP 4-n-1 actually works really well for cleaning wheels & wheel wells. Glad to hear this. Just need to decide which is better.

folex for carpet, no? spray some febreeze (sp?) for autos last. ?

I need to figure out a solid method of cleaning the carpets since I wont have my PC able to just do it.

ScottB
10-13-2007, 07:29 AM
my only worry is how much can you charge (and thus make profit) to alot of college kids away from home and likely living on parents money or sckolarship funds.

MikeyC
10-13-2007, 08:41 AM
my only worry is how much can you charge (and thus make profit) to alot of college kids away from home and likely living on parents money or sckolarship funds.
You'd be surprised. A lot of these kids come from very wealthy families and have money to spare.

I went to University of Miami (Go Canes!!) and we had one kid when I was there who had three cars on campus. He had a 911 (modified by Gemballa), a Viper (also modded), and a Range Rover. Then we also had guys with Ferraris and Acura NSXs. Also, BMW 3-series cars were everywhere and at the time the 3000GT was a popular car as well but they no longer make it.

A friend of my brother's went to FSU and I remember that he started a detailing business there as well. Of course, he also offered his services to the surrounding community.

Meghan
10-13-2007, 09:09 AM
Good luck Ryan, with all those students and staff too, you will do well. Just one thing, I think Gator Detailing sounds better.:D
As for products, DP Final Gloss Booster is great if they are not paying for a wax job, just spray on the car after washing, while still wet, and dry the car to a waxed look!
Get some flyers and hit the staff parking lot one day, its bound to pay off with a few at least.

ryandamartini
10-13-2007, 09:37 AM
my only worry is how much can you charge (and thus make profit) to alot of college kids away from home and likely living on parents money or sckolarship funds. Like I said, I got 200 inquiries in just a few days!

Good luck Ryan, with all those students and staff too, you will do well. Just one thing, I think Gator Detailing sounds better.:D
As for products, DP Final Gloss Booster is great if they are not paying for a wax job, just spray on the car after washing, while still wet, and dry the car to a waxed look!
Get some flyers and hit the staff parking lot one day, its bound to pay off with a few at least.

Exactly, there are plenty of kids with money up here. There are also packages for them and the others.

ryandamartini
10-13-2007, 09:45 AM

Maybe Gator Hunters Detail? The gift shop sells rubber gators with garnet spears going through them! :D

Meghan
10-13-2007, 11:05 AM
Maybe Gator Hunters Detail? The gift shop sells rubber gators with garnet spears going through them! :D

GO GATORS! :D

Dust2Glory
10-13-2007, 11:53 AM
So with this in mind:

Interior Dressing:

Glass Cleaner: Stoners Invisible Glass, or Surf City Glass cleaner

No Rinse Wash: I just recently got ONR, I like it. Get some PB bug squash for bugs.

Tire Dressing: No offense to AG, find something cheap. If ur like me, I mix
DP gel with my RL tire dressing

Wheel Cleaner: If you can't rinse wheels off, I suggust using a Qd'r. Might have to put a little more muscle into it. Then get a good metal polish to finish it off on chrome and aluminum wheels

Sealant: I've only ever used WG.... very easy on/off

Carpet Cleaning Solution? : I use Blue Coral Dri-foam, working it in with a brush and wipe down with a mf. Use Folex for spot treatment

Small generators... Just for future reference:

Thanks All,

Ryan M[/quote]

jh

ryandamartini
10-14-2007, 11:20 AM
thanks for the responses :)