PDA

View Full Version : Clickable link blue font color gone: Links easily missed

Hoytman
04-26-2016, 10:56 AM
I've been away from the forum for a while and when I came back there's been some changes to the forum page look. I started reading threads and lo-and-behold I discovered I'd skipped over links in threads because the type color for the links matches the type color in the threads. The type link colors used to show up in the color blue. I hope they put some color back into the links so we all aren't missing links while reading that could offer good information because it sure is easy to just read past them and not even realize they are there.

This makes scanning threads much slower because you have to look for subtle differences in the black type font OR run your cursor up and down a page an hope you hit a possible link...then it shows up blue. The old way, just having them blue to start, is much easier to find the link. The chosen color doesn't matter, just not black because most forum members leave their type color black. Mike always had his thread title link bold and blue so that shouldn't interfere with other non-bolded links.

WeekendDIY
04-26-2016, 11:13 AM
Here's the thread (Below and not colored blue) about the forum upgrade recently. Others have mentioned the colored link issue. I haven't read the whole thread tho to see if or when there will be a resolution.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/company-forum-news-headlines/100027-new-forum-upgrade.html

LSNAutoDetailing
04-26-2016, 11:18 AM
I've noticed the same thing. Thought it was something I was doing wrong...

Hoytman
04-26-2016, 11:42 AM
Here's the thread (Below and not colored blue) about the forum upgrade recently. Others have mentioned the colored link issue. I haven't read the whole thread tho to see if or when there will be a resolution.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/company-forum-news-headlines/100027-new-forum-upgrade.html

The above post is exactly what I'm referring to. Had he not informed me the link was there you really have to study the type font to see it's a link.

Quite honestly having it the old way is a no brainer, crazy easy, and what helped make the forum function so well, imo. I do like the new look and features, but some need to stay that benefit the reader.

I haven't read the link, but I will as soon as I'm finished typing.

Having to quint to see subtle font differences is hard on aging eyes.