PDA

View Full Version : Wrinkled seat cover. Quick fix?

McLaren Rulez
04-26-2016, 07:21 AM
Hi everyone, nice to be part of this forum.

I got a set of seat covers installed but unfortunately, the seat base for the front seems to be too wide. The installation is fine but it isn't taut over the seat. I did read about other threads where the hot towel trick worked but is it worth trying on these? Also, I don't have a hair dryer so I'm simply gonna place towels in boiling water and then place them on the seat cover area that I want to shrink.

Any tips or tricks are deeply appreciated. Thanks!

McLaren Rulez
04-27-2016, 09:53 AM
Just wondering if anyone might have a tip on this before I go for the hot towel method?

ScubaCougr
04-27-2016, 10:14 AM
Wouldn't this be immediately un fixed with the next bottom sitting in the seat? Have you tried pulling the leather tighter down over the side bolsters?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

McLaren Rulez
04-27-2016, 10:45 PM
Hi ScubaCougr, thanks for replying!

Trying to pull the cover tighter over the side bolsters won't really work because the issue is that the cover itself has a wider seat bottom than the actual seat bottom. If I pull it tighter, the contours of the side bolsters would be compressed and lose their shape, if you know what I mean?

I need to shrink the material itself near the seat bottom and I was trying to figure out the best way to do that.