PDA

View Full Version : Need A Microfiber That Can Do These 3 Things...

derass
04-26-2016, 01:02 AM
First post! I'm new to detailing and have been researching the AGO store and forum all weekend. I have a plan for my vehicle and need some advice on which MF towels to buy. I'm a travelling college student, so a minimalist detailing kit is important to me, both to keep the cost down and the size of the kit small and easy to move with me from place to place. For this reason, I'm looking to buy one set of MF towels from the AGO store that can accomplish these 3 things:

1) Remove QD while using a claybar

2) Remove and buff Klasse AIO

3) Remove and buff Klasse HGSG

I've looked through previous threads and the store and have narrowed my options down to: the Miracle Towel, Corba Gold Plush and Cobra Super Plush. Are any of these suitable for the 3 tasks I've listed? If so, which would be the best choice? Is there an option I missed?

Thanks in advance!

Mantilgh
04-26-2016, 06:57 AM
I think the Gold Plush Jrs would work well. Just plush enough to use with quick detailers and spray waxes, and the shorter nap side would work well for wax or polish residue removal.

damaged442
04-26-2016, 07:06 AM
I have a bunch of Gold Plush. No complaints here!

yg1829
04-26-2016, 07:10 AM
For the price I would recommend these...

http://www.autogeek.net/mf-elitem-12.html

They are the new towels AG started carrying. I have not personally used them. But I've never been disappointed by AG before.

These are a 16x16 dual pile towel just like the gold Jr's and they are a little cheaper. There is also 3 colors to choose from.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

pheerix
04-26-2016, 11:22 AM
I'm not a fan of the purple Super Plush. It's stiff feeling and towel keeps folding on itself when wiping.

derass
04-26-2016, 03:51 PM
I think the Gold Plush Jrs would work well. Just plush enough to use with quick detailers and spray waxes, and the shorter nap side would work well for wax or polish residue removal.

Are they two sided? It's not mentioned their AG description.

pheerix
04-26-2016, 04:22 PM
Are they two sided? It's not mentioned their AG description.

They have different weaves on either side.

derass
04-26-2016, 04:33 PM
As in a short nap and longer nap?

pheerix
04-26-2016, 06:02 PM
As in a short nap and longer nap?

Yup

derass
04-27-2016, 02:02 PM
I just noticed that the towels are available for purchase individually in the AG store, so I've decided to get a couple of Super Plush towels for the cay bar process and spray waxes and a couple of the Gold Plush for removing / buffing the Klasse products.

pheerix
04-27-2016, 02:03 PM
Cheaper when you buy the 6 or 12 packs

derass
04-27-2016, 02:42 PM
How did I not see that! Thanks!

808_detail_nut
04-28-2016, 04:09 AM
Griots PFM terry microfibers. Tried it and now I'm planning on dumping all mine and getting these.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BillyJack
04-28-2016, 10:36 AM
My favorite all-purpose towels are these:Super Soft Deluxe Microfiber Towels with Rolled Edges, 12 Pack (http://www.autogeek.net/super-soft-microfiber-towels-12.html) They're reasonable when bought in quantity, absorbent and safe for wax removal on the most delicate finishes I've encountered. I've noticed that the same towel in green is the one you always see in Mike's posts when doing a makeover in the Show Car Garage.

Bill