PDA

View Full Version : Phone calls you hate getting

Pages : [1] 2

MikeC
04-25-2016, 10:05 PM
My wife called me at work this morning and tells me when she started her car this morning, it sounded like "an old, wind up model A." I told her not to start it again and I would meet her at work and check the oil!

dlc95
04-25-2016, 10:24 PM
Or when changing a ball joint, you discover you need a new axle!

FinishingTouchA
04-25-2016, 10:31 PM
When it's an out of state number... they almost always want to give me a 250,000 dollar small business loan... or sell me keychains and service stickers... or credit card processing.

oldmodman
04-26-2016, 01:02 AM
I got one of those "your son is in jail in Mexico and he needs $$$$$ to be set free"

I gave them the biggest run around I could. Especially funny for me since I have no children.

If I actually had any kids I probably would have hated to get that call.

Don M
04-26-2016, 01:56 AM
Not necessarily a phone call, but a call from the wife through the door/window when you're halfway through washing or detailing youe car, asking if you're done yet because she has "chores" for you to do. :doh:

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-26-2016, 05:11 AM
My wife called me at work this morning and tells me when she started her car this morning, it sounded like "an old, wind up model A." I told her not to start it again and I would meet her at work and check the oil!

Keep us updated on what you find out!

GSKR
04-26-2016, 05:39 AM
I got one of those "your son is in jail in Mexico and he needs $$$$$ to be set free"

I gave them the biggest run around I could. Especially funny for me since I have no children.

If I actually had any kids I probably would have hated to get that call.Thats big in south fla,now they put that to rest and call as the IRS pressuring you to pay back taxes or a warrant will be issued.

RTexasF
04-26-2016, 05:49 AM
Robocalls always wanting to sell you something.......phone spam.

BillE
04-26-2016, 07:11 AM

If I actually had any kids I probably would have hated to get that call.

We're in the same boat, and do the same thing if we have the extra time.

A bit OT, but back in the days of 'real mail', I got my draft notice...only problem was that I was already IN the military!

Bill

JeffM
04-26-2016, 07:22 AM
Update your google listing people chap my rear

Audios S6
04-26-2016, 10:31 AM
When windows calls to tell me I have a virus. I tell them I own a mac, then windows is happy to transfer me to their mac department, lol.

BrutalNoodle
04-26-2016, 10:43 PM
A call that forces me up & out from a warm bed.

A call that wakes me up from an awesome dream, which 99.99% almost always some bull**** telemarketing or wrong number.

http://www.drodd.com/images11/meme-faces19.jpg

oldmodman
04-28-2016, 12:40 AM
I may have gone to the most extreme method of avoiding annoying calls. My home phone is left off the hook unless I want to make a call.

My close friends have my cell # and no body else. I have never gotten a telemarketer call on it. I have it set to reject all numbers other than those few people, and NONE of them drink.

Don M
04-28-2016, 06:32 AM
I may have gone to the most extreme method of avoiding annoying calls. My home phone is left off the hook unless I want to make a call.

My close friends have my cell # and no body else. I have never gotten a telemarketer call on it. I have it set to reject all numbers other than those few people, and NONE of them drink.

We GOT RID OF our home phone due to telemarketers. We use her cell as our primary # so we get the important calls wherever we are.

MikeC
04-28-2016, 10:49 PM
The wife's car was 2 quarts low...ugghh