PDA

View Full Version : Just an Observation: WG Sprtz Slnt/UQW

willowcat11
04-25-2016, 01:00 PM
Hey guys,

I currently have WG DGPS 3.0 on my car, and I keep it up with WG Spritz Sealant. Very Beautiful Products for sure, along with being very user friendly.

One thing I have noticed through some trial, is that when using Megs UQW and Spritz Sealant side by side is that immediately after buffing off UQW I can toss my MF towel across the hood of the car and it just glides right off the paint and falls off the car it's so slick.

For the Spritz Sealant immediately after buffing, and I toss the MF across the hood, it somewhat slides across the hood but then stops just half way past the hood. A day later the Spritz Sealant has a more slicker feel, but still not that slick enough to get the towel to just fly off the hood of the car like UQW.

Obviously this is no official test of anything, it's simply an observation. Has anyone else experienced this at all between these products. I absolutely Love the WG products, but this observation has really got me thinking what the UQW has in it that makes it that slick or static free?

Thank you all!

Ray

pheerix
04-25-2016, 01:05 PM
First of all shame on you for letting towels fall on the ground.
But seriously WDGSS does have a different slickness feeling to it. It's a bit grabby on light touch but is very slick if I press a bit with my fingers. I haven't used UQW in awhile but I remember it attracting dust quite a bit. WGDGSS seems to repel dust better for me. My favorite spray sealant so far.

BrutalNoodle
04-25-2016, 08:12 PM

:laughing:

It's been so long since I've used WGPS, can't say I remember how well it plays with other products. My current lsp is 4* UPP (gosh, I love it so much).

What I can say is how fast the vehicle dusts up when using certain spray sealants. For sure, WGSS keeps the vehicle much cleaner than UQW/D156.

On average, UQW wouldn't make it pass 3rd evening, while WGSS looks brighter & less dusty on the 4th/5th day, depending on how windy. I've been keeping track, and the results have been pretty consistent.

FUNX650
04-25-2016, 09:21 PM
One thing I have noticed through
some trial, is...

that when using Megs UQW...immediately
after buffing off UQW I can toss my MF towel
across the hood of the car and it just glides
right off the paint and falls off the car it's so slick.

For the Spritz Sealant immediately after
buffing...I toss the MF across the hood,
it somewhat slides across the hood but
then stops just half way past the hood.

A day later the Spritz Sealant has a more
slicker feel, but still not that slick enough
to get the towel to just fly off the hood of
the car like UQW.

Obviously this is no official test of anything,
it's simply an observation. but this observation
has really got me thinking

what the UQW has in it that makes it
that slick or static free?

•If that's the case, then I'd stay with
Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax (G175).

•Perhaps this particular UQW MSDS...
holds the key to; or can shed some light on...
its "slickness factor": :dunno:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=104459&size=1
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=104462&size=1

:D

Bob

pheerix
04-25-2016, 09:22 PM
Send me all your unwanted WGDGSS

willowcat11
04-25-2016, 11:54 PM
But seriously WDGSS does have a different slickness feeling to it. It's a bit grabby on light touch but is very slick if I press a bit with my fingers. I haven't used UQW in awhile but I remember it attracting dust quite a bit. WGDGSS seems to repel dust better for me. My favorite spray sealant so far.

Thank you for this "Shame on me", because you are dang tootin' right! I didn't expect it to fly right off. I had to do some pickin' at the fibers for a little bit. Hey, I'm not giving up any of my Spritz Sealant!!! :) The stuff is Awesome! But I do see what you are guys are saying, the SS keeps the dust off very well! And although I get that super slickness immediately with UQW, you are right that it doesn't last long at all.

This is all just me still being new to all these new products, and trying them out, and figuring out what the better products offer over some of the others. It's just like way, way back in the day, thinking that the shiniest and glossiest stuff on the Planet was the best thing to use on tires, and Vinyl.

I just thought the most slipperiest and slickest sealant when wiping a MF across it meant it was The Bee's Knee's of all sealants. I have got a long way to go still! :(

pheerix
04-26-2016, 12:53 AM
Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer is a good example of a great spray sealant that is not slick at all, at least from my experience.

Nick McKees37
04-26-2016, 07:15 AM
Wolfgang Spritz Sealant has a cure time, and will indeed get slicker after a couple hours. :)

Setec Astronomy
04-26-2016, 07:31 AM
One thing I have noticed through some trial, is that when using Megs UQW and Spritz Sealant side by side is that immediately after buffing off UQW I can toss my MF towel across the hood of the car and it just glides right off the paint and falls off the car it's so slick.

For the Spritz Sealant immediately after buffing, and I toss the MF across the hood, it somewhat slides across the hood but then stops just half way past the hood.

Yeah, clearly WG Spritz Sealant is the superior product, it's got a built-in towel safety mechanism.

willowcat11
04-26-2016, 02:58 PM
Wolfgang Spritz Sealant has a cure time, and will indeed get slicker after a couple hours. :)

Yes, the Cure time! I have to keep remembering this. I know it for the WGDGPS, but I need to remember the SS needs that curing time as well.

Boudin
04-27-2016, 12:54 AM
I also have a vehicle sealed with Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant and use the Wolfgang Spritz Sealant and Instant Detail Spray to maintain it. The detail spray is the slicker of the 2 to me. I'm going to have to go throw some towels on it now to see. =D

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

willowcat11
04-27-2016, 11:39 PM
Lol! :)

willowcat11
04-27-2016, 11:44 PM
Yeah, clearly WG Spritz Sealant is the superior product, it's got a built-in towel safety mechanism.

LOL!!! I'm an idiot Setec Astronomy. It took a few days for my gullible Arse to get the Built-in towel safety mechanism thing. Nicely done! :)