PDA

View Full Version : Rupes bigfood nano or 75e??

Pages : [1] 2

blakemiller17
04-25-2016, 10:56 AM
I need to purchase one of the two machines as tight areas area are becoming very difficult the more vehicles I get in to do paint correction. Which should I purchase and why? I love how the nano comes with so much stuff and offers the 3 different modes: rotary, 3mm and 12mm I believe. But does it have the correction power like the 75e? Im personally leaning towards the nano but wanted to get some more opinions. Maybe some of the rules guys can comment too? Thanks!

dlc95
04-25-2016, 11:19 AM
Have you seen Todd Helme's video using the Nano to remove 2000 grit? It's on YouTube.

I have the Duetto, and am about to pull the trigger on a Mini, and the Nano will follow that.

Zubair
04-25-2016, 12:01 PM
Have you seen Todd Helme's video using the Nano to remove 2000 grit? It's on YouTube.

I have the Duetto, and am about to pull the trigger on a Mini, and the Nano will follow that.

Why not just purchase a 3" bp to fit the Duetto? Plenty have done it and state its even better than the mini.

blakemiller17
04-25-2016, 01:52 PM
Why not just purchase a 3" bp to fit the Duetto? Plenty have done it and state its even better than the mini.

Where do you get the backing plate that fits the duetto? Is it the same as the 75e BP?

Joe@NextLevelDetail
04-25-2016, 01:59 PM

What was the company name that sells those plates, i know there expensive like 100 bucks a plate

Joe@NextLevelDetail
04-25-2016, 02:07 PM
Also i dont think that the mini, eliminates the need for the nano, or vice versa.

I talked about this with the great Rupes guys at detail fest.

A detailer can never have too many tools. But some spots the mini would be more ideal, for example a bumper.

blakemiller17
04-25-2016, 09:41 PM
Im gonna buy the mini first and see what the reviews are of the nano when they come out soon, if they are great ill just get it too. like you said, you can never have too many tools, I already have 3 DA's, had 4.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
04-25-2016, 10:33 PM
Im gonna buy the mini first and see what the reviews are of the nano when they come out soon, if they are great ill just get it too. like you said, you can never have too many tools, I already have 3 DA's, had 4.

The nano is a fantastic machine, i tested it already at detail fest, and i knew i was going to like it, but it exceeded my expectations, it is a phenomenal tool.

So smooth and corrects like a monster.

But like i said the nano doesnt elimnate the need for the lhr75e, or vice versa.

You would still want both.

Dylan@RUPES
04-27-2016, 05:12 PM
Joe is correct - its really not an 'either / or' type of decision. The Nano can do most of what the mini can do, but the mini can't do everything the nano can.

RaskyR1
04-27-2016, 05:18 PM
I say if you have an 8mm DA now use that for 3" work and get the Nano. You can always get the Mini at later time if you still find the need for it.

Mike@ShineStruck
04-27-2016, 06:08 PM
Still no idea on when the people who pre ordered the nano will get theirs
Keep that in mind if you need one somewhat soon lol

dlc95
04-27-2016, 08:47 PM

Nah, there's still some flaring on the shroud of the duetto that isn't there on the mini. One of the attractions of the mini is the ability to really see what's going on, not to mention the counterweight also being sized proportionately to the pads for the mini.

custmsprty
04-27-2016, 09:02 PM
Where do you get the backing plate that fits the duetto? Is it the same as the 75e BP?

It's a ridiculously over price piece of aluminum and works like garbage. I sent it back.

blakemiller17
04-27-2016, 09:43 PM
Thank you for all the replies guys. I ended up with the mini only because of time unfortunately. I have quite a few corrections lined up and couldn't wait the unknown time. I'm sure if there are great reviews about the nano I will get it as well but for now I'll be using the mini. I get it tomorrow or Friday so I will possibly review it. Thanks again!

Joe@NextLevelDetail
04-27-2016, 09:50 PM
Thank you for all the replies guys. I ended up with the mini only because of time unfortunately. I have quite a few corrections lined up and couldn't wait the unknown time. I'm sure if there are great reviews about the nano I will get it as well but for now I'll be using the mini. I get it tomorrow or Friday so I will possibly review it. Thanks again!

Its a great little machine, enjoy it.

The rupes pads work best on the mini

I have tried the 3 inch lake country pads, and i didnt like them, they get clogged with product alot faster and lose there cut.

I however like to cut with megs MF cutting pad then 3 inch, and then use the rupes foam pads.

Enjoy the machine, it is a awesome one