PDA

View Full Version : Equipment to start buffing with

Zalmon
04-24-2016, 10:08 PM
I am not a pro detailer, but detail my car for pleasure. I have a 2016 Rogue with 5700 miles on it. I have purchased a porter-cable 7424xp. As the paint is not n bad condition and I have no experience using a da polisher, what sort of pad and backing plate should I use?

Zubair
04-25-2016, 03:28 AM
LC Orange & White
BnS Orange & Green

Either in 5.5"

TTQ B4U
04-25-2016, 06:14 AM
LC Orange & White
BnS Orange & Green

Either in 5.5"

^^ this. I have two DA buffers and have one set up for 6" pads and the other for 4" pads.

If you're paint is in good shape as noted and the car being so new, I'd likely start with green pads for a nice AIO like HDSpeed. Will work great on your vehicle. Some black pads to spread your LSP on if you choose to top-coat Speed with something else or another coat of Pure HDPoxy. Not sure you'll need a whole lot really.

Looking forward to seeing pics.

Evan.J
04-25-2016, 07:14 PM
I would get the 5" backing plate with the thin 5.5" LC or Meguiars pads. This will allow the machine to give you a little bit more cuts with those pads and allow the machine to do a little more of the work.

A suggestion would be to make sure you have your technique of using the polisher dialed in. With the PC technique will be the key to your success in achieving the look you are after. Be sure to watch some of Mike's videos to watch on how to properly use the PC.