PDA

View Full Version : Teflon polish-anyone use it on cars

Whitewater25
04-24-2016, 06:05 PM
I have used either the Star Brite ptfe polish or Perfect Polish,both claim to have Teflon in the mix. Has anyone else tried this on their vehicle? It is a marine product & it did such a good job on the boat I tried it on my truck.I used it as a one step product. Easy on & off, Shines well,beads water for months & cleans easily for 3-5 months. Wondering what the bad news is,if any.

custmsprty
04-24-2016, 06:15 PM
Trolling trolling troll onnn.................. ride on rawhide!

Oh, is that a product sold by Autogeek, the sponsors of this forum?

Jowillie
04-24-2016, 07:54 PM
Yes, there may be several outstanding products available here that contain Fluoropolymers. Let the chemists discuss which ones and how they compare.

custmsprty
04-24-2016, 07:55 PM
Yes, there may be several outstanding products available here that contain Fluoropolymers.

Thanks for the update OP. Can you share the products you may be referencing?

Whitewater25
04-24-2016, 09:33 PM
I have not seen either of these products offered on AG one is Star Brite marine polish with PTFE. The second is Perfect Polish. Both are available at a common south Florida marine chain of stores

custmsprty
04-24-2016, 10:01 PM
I have not seen either of these products offered on AG one is Star Brite marine polish with PTFE. The second is Perfect Polish. Both are available at a common south Florida marine chain of stores

I see with the new forum their are likes buttons but no dislikes buttons for posts for pos referring to south Florida marine chain of stores.

FUNX650
04-24-2016, 10:14 PM
I have used ptfe polish...
claim to have Teflon in the mix.

Has anyone else tried this on their vehicle?

Wondering what the bad news is,if any.
@OP...

IMO:
You just might best be served,
by contacting the offices of:

The Fluoropolymers Division,
c/o: "The Society of Plastics Industry"

Bob

Whitewater25
04-25-2016, 01:40 PM
Sorry,didn't know that was a no no to mention that

GregC
04-25-2016, 04:58 PM
I used Teflon polish 30 years ago, I thought it worked well then. I assume the modern coatings are far superior to a wax with Teflon in it from 30 years ago.