PDA

View Full Version : Product help please

parshooter
04-24-2016, 02:11 PM
I have minor/semi major scratches and swirls in my black paint. I've tried Blackfire TPS and it helps some, but it's not where a 2 year old paint should be (imo). I only apply by hand, I know a machine will do better but I don't want to go there. What polish, or glaze, should I try to correct this? TIA :props:

Joe@NextLevelDetail
04-24-2016, 02:18 PM
Any product by hand your not going to get the results you desire.

Unless you have the patience of andy dufresne from shawshank redemption digging thru the prison wall with that little tool by hand.

You could spend 20 hours by hand and you will still be disappointed. Not worth the time or effort in my opinoin.

Get a porter cable its safe and easy, you wont damage your paint.

If you still dont want to use a machine. And you want to hide or mask swirls with light cleaning ability, try poorboys blackhole.

You can use that by hand, however its not fixing your paint its twmporary cosmetic makeup.

If you do decide to go machine route i would be happy to give you my number or pm, email me to go over this more.

parshooter
04-24-2016, 02:45 PM
Thanks Joe. It's not that I'm afraid of hurting the paint, it's just that I don't want to invest in a machine that I'll use a few times a year. I don't mind hiding or masking the swirls/scratches, this car is a lease so I'll only have it another year and a few months, then going to white or silver (which I prefer any way). Right now it's a 20/20 paint job: looks great from 20 feet away or at 20 mph.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
04-24-2016, 04:24 PM
Thanks Joe. It's not that I'm afraid of hurting the paint, it's just that I don't want to invest in a machine that I'll use a few times a year. I don't mind hiding or masking the swirls/scratches, this car is a lease so I'll only have it another year and a few months, then going to white or silver (which I prefer any way). Right now it's a 20/20 paint job: looks great from 20 feet away or at 20 mph.

Then definitely go with poorboys black hole, you can go on youtube and search this, there is a video the great Mike Phillips made on there, that shows you the abilities.

JeffM
04-24-2016, 05:09 PM
ColorX by meguiars.