PDA

View Full Version : Did cyclo make polishers for Sears ?

Pages : [1] 2

bald richard
04-23-2016, 07:51 PM
Back in the early 70s l borrowed a polisher from a friends father... He has now passed,and when my friend was cleaning out his garage came across the old polisher, l rember it,and thought it to be a cyclo. Fast foreword to today, l picked it up and it is labeled Sears. Looks exactly like a cyclo. It's in its original metal carrying box with pads and extra backing plates (still in original box too)! Probably manufactured in 1960s. Really cool to find the first polisher l used still in running condition! If my memory is correct, l used it with Blue Coral wax.

jcaustin87
04-23-2016, 09:49 PM
Pictures...

cyclops
04-23-2016, 10:09 PM
Yes they did back in the 50's.

http://www.cyclotoolmakers.com/archives/50th%20Anniversary%20press%20release%20-%20Final%20(2).pdf

bald richard
04-23-2016, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the quick reply,
1 l don't know how to post pictures, wish l did, cause l knew some would ask, would be really cool to show everyone.
2. There is no mistaking this polisher. I know Sears rebranded a lot of products, just wanted to verify. I knew the Geeks would know!
3. Any help on how to post pictures would be much appreciated .
Thanks again. Rick

KB in MD
04-25-2016, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the quick reply,
1 l don't know how to post pictures, wish l did, cause l knew some would ask, would be really cool to show everyone.
2. There is no mistaking this polisher. I know Sears rebranded a lot of products, just wanted to verify. I knew the Geeks would know!
3. Any help on how to post pictures would be much appreciated .
Thanks again. Rick

What's the serial number?

bald richard
04-27-2016, 09:50 AM
What's the serial number?

serial# 8714
model# 212.25960 7-55
In my original post l kept referring to this as a sears, it's a CRAFTSMAN!! sorry.

BillE
04-28-2016, 07:46 AM
Thanx for bringing this up.

For the longest time I've thought, "Where have I seen the Cyclo in the past?" Now I know!

Bill

KB in MD
04-28-2016, 09:41 AM
Pictures...

yes!

KB in MD
04-28-2016, 09:48 AM
Back in the early 70s l borrowed a polisher from a friends father... He has now passed,and when my friend was cleaning out his garage came across the old polisher, l rember it,and thought it to be a cyclo. Fast foreword to today, l picked it up and it is labeled Sears. Looks exactly like a cyclo. It's in its original metal carrying box with pads and extra backing plates (still in original box too)! Probably manufactured in 1960s. Really cool to find the first polisher l used still in running condition! If my memory is correct, l used it with Blue Coral wax.

Host your pics on an image hosting site or upload it from your computer by clicking 'Go Advanced' button bottom right corner.

Helpfull links:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tips-techniques-how-articles-interacting-discussion-forums/21295-how-upload-photo-into-your-autogeek-photo-gallery.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tips-techniques-how-articles-interacting-discussion-forums/21313-how-insert-image-your-photo-gallery-into-your-message.html

bald richard
04-28-2016, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the tips: I'll have to play around a bit and refine my computer savvy!

kkritsilas
10-20-2016, 02:50 PM
Do replacement parts from Cyclo fit/work on the Craftsman (or Sears) polisher?

postaltwo
10-21-2016, 02:20 AM
Do replacement parts from Cyclo fit/work on the Craftsman (or Sears) polisher?

I would think if u called cyclo and gave your model number they would know for sure and have what u need. It would not surprise me at all if they were the same parts on all polishers

dlc95
10-21-2016, 05:34 AM
That's an awesome story! Thanks for sharing.

WaxMaster1
10-21-2016, 06:32 AM
WE WANT PICS!! or at least I do.

kkritsilas
10-21-2016, 11:27 AM
I did sent them an email two days ago. No answer yet. I figured if they don't have the time or inclination, I would ash here, as the posting regarding the Sears/Craftsman version of the Cyclo was already in existence, and that the orignal poster may have tried to replace some parts on his polisher with Cyclo parts.