PDA

View Full Version : Queston for those using the Tornador

MadMax
04-23-2016, 02:16 PM
Just waiting for my Tornador black in the mail. What size airline are you guys using to run it? I just bought a 1/4 inch PVC line for it because I thought it would be lighter to use inside the car. I already have a 5/8 rubber hose that I use for running air tools ect. I assume the 1/4 inch will carry enough cfm to run the Tornador? Also does any one use hot water in the Tornador tank?

lane5515
04-23-2016, 05:55 PM
Just waiting for my Tornador black in the mail. What size airline are you guys using to run it? I just bought a 1/4 inch PVC line for it because I thought it would be lighter to use inside the car. I already have a 5/8 rubber hose that I use for running air tools ect. I assume the 1/4 inch will carry enough cfm to run the Tornador? Also does any one use hot water in the Tornador tank?

I'm in the same position as you right now. I have a Tornador Black on order and it should be delivered on Tuesday. I just picked up a new compressor that puts out 5.3 cfm at 90 psi - I think you want at least 5 cfm at 90 psi. I also bought a new Goodyear 3/8" rubber air hose to replace the pvc hose I was using. I hate fighting with the pvc hoses. I think you can use hot water in the Tornador tanks. I don't know what impact the 1/4" vs. 3/8" or bigger hose has on the cfm delivery though.

TacTics
05-31-2016, 05:56 PM
Been starting to play with the Tornador now that I've up'd my compressor game.

Was wondering the same thing. Not an engineer by any means so I may be way off, but decided to look into it and found this link showing air discharge through different sized hoses: Air Discharge through Hoses (http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/air-discharge-hose-d_1523.html)

If I'm reading it right, shows a 1/4" hose can easily produce the amount of air required as per Tornador specs. (Up to approx. 17cfm @ 90psi . . . if that's a thing)