PDA

View Full Version : new paint??

t-bone
10-12-2007, 07:55 AM
I had the front clip on my Tahoe replaced so I have fresh paint and was wondering if there is anything that will let it cure and protect it or should I just leave it bare?? Bodyshop told me 90 days before I can do anything besides wash it. I am about to make a roadtrip and hate to think that the fron end it totally unprotected.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
10-12-2007, 08:04 AM
Polishing is the only thing you should do on it for 90 days

Some have advised that a nuba is ok but I have been advised by paint/body shops to not put any wax or sealant on fresh AM paint for at least 90 days so that is who I listen to.

I believe the thought process behind not adding a nuba or sealant is so that the new paint can outgas...

Jimmie
10-12-2007, 10:19 AM
Here's something to take a look at. I've used it once and found it hard to work.
3M Imperial Hand Glaze is a gentle moisturizer, especially for beautifying freshly painted surfaces! (http://www.autogeek.net/3mimhanglaz.html)

ScottB
10-13-2007, 07:38 AM
dont use anything with cleaners in it. I have found that a pure wax only is best choice for UV protection and allowing paint to dry if needed. Usually 30 days later you can do a full detail as wanted. I use Pinnacle religiously in these situations.