PDA

View Full Version : New CG "Clean Slate" wax/sealant stripping soap

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

04accord
04-22-2016, 11:22 AM
New product from chemical guys that supposedly strips wax and sealants. After all the talk I have seen on this site about how polishing is the only true way to remove wax and sealants, what's everyone's take on this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4MdlKJtil8

SeanChav
04-22-2016, 11:32 AM
I find it hard to believe it does what they say it does....typical chemical guys marketing

cleanmycorolla
04-22-2016, 11:51 AM
I find it hard to believe it does what they say it does....typical chemical guys marketing

you've tried it?

Audios S6
04-22-2016, 11:57 AM
I think a wise chemist once said, if you can use a soap to strip your protectant, you should probably rethink your choice of protectant.

Heisenberg
04-22-2016, 11:59 AM
I'm highly skeptical - it takes some effort to remove most modern sealants worth their salt. I've seen multiple tests on here where people have used a lot of different chemicals to strip sealants like Powerlock and it ended up taking acidic wheel cleaners to get anything done, IIRC

PA DETAILER
04-22-2016, 12:01 PM
They also have a new tire coating foam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twjf...layer_embedded

And trim coating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BU3...layer_embedded

Nick McKees37
04-22-2016, 12:07 PM
you've tried it?

We'll have it in stock soon. I plan on trying it out. :)

runrun411
04-22-2016, 12:52 PM
Looks like a repackaged bottle of All Clean.

Navish360
04-22-2016, 01:24 PM
Probably just some dawn soap in a bottle.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cleanmycorolla
04-22-2016, 01:28 PM
We'll have it in stock soon. I plan on trying it out. :)

super shweeeeet, please report back....

conman1395
04-22-2016, 01:42 PM
I don't believe in any soap capable of stripping wax or sealants. Dawn is bad enough for other parts of your car and it doesn't even strip anything. I don't want to use chemicals capable of stripping LSPs during the wash process. It's safer and more thorough to do it through claying and light polishing.

SeanChav
04-22-2016, 02:27 PM
you've tried it?

Nope, nor do I care to....I drank the chemical guys look aid when I first got into detailing and ended buying a bunch of stuff that I didn't need or that didn't work very well....now I just shy away from them.... But that's me

ViperGuy21
04-22-2016, 02:32 PM
I've found that CWG can strip off a wax or sealant towards the end of its life when used at more than 1oz/gal, but I don't think it would strip a new coat of sealant

Navish360
04-22-2016, 02:36 PM
I did the same when I first started detailing. Their products that tend to work, don't last very long either. The only products that I still have from them are some freebies I've got over time. The biggest problem with them is their lack of retiring old products. Do your research into other brands before biting the bullet for CG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MandaMarza
04-22-2016, 02:53 PM
I'm not trying to promote anything, but last weekend I washed my car with a super high concentration (I was being stupid generous) of citrus wash and gloss. When I did my pre rinse the water was beading right off since I did a thorough application of D156 2 weeks ago and sonax PNS 1 month ago, after using the foam canon and did my final rinse, the water clinged on like I've never seen before. I took that as stripping the wax. I was actually really pissed until I looked online and saw it does actually remove wax in high concentrations! Sure it wasn't a thick layer of protection, but there was definitely no wax or sealant left of the car. I personally don't doubt there's such things as wax removers and would imagine they're easy to make and should be very cheap.