PDA

View Full Version : microfiber question

Pages : [1] 2

lxexpress
04-22-2016, 09:13 AM
Hi guys... have a dilemma i am trying to figure out. I have detailed lots of vehicles but i am working on a black 15 camaro with 800 km on it,the owner buffed the car with his own stuff and made a mess of it. Now im in the middle of fixing it for him,i'm using a pc with a orange lake country pad and wolfgang swirl remover.I got all the marks out but when i wipe it off im getting very light scratch marks,im using brand new microfiber cloths.This has only happened once before but i can't remember what i did to cure it..### am i doing wrong??

GSKR
04-22-2016, 09:21 AM
The new camaro if I'm not mistaken has very soft clear.although I haven't worked on one there was a thread on new camaro paint.make sure the tags are ripped off or moisten the micro to remove any polish residue.are the naps short or high pile micros.

lxexpress
04-22-2016, 09:24 AM
short nap

GSKR
04-22-2016, 09:24 AM
Or just polish over the residue if there is not a lot and void the wipe down then go to lsp.

lxexpress
04-22-2016, 09:28 AM
Or just polish over the residue if there is not a lot and void the wipe down then go to lsp.

I dont think i will get away with polishing over top of it..thanks for the tip!

pheerix
04-22-2016, 10:15 AM
Might be a stupid question but did you wash the towels first?

lxexpress
04-22-2016, 10:17 AM
Might be a stupid question but did you wash the towels first?

they were brand new...

pheerix
04-22-2016, 10:18 AM
Yea but brand new towels straight off the rack, box or whatever can pick up debris during shipping and storage etc. Always wash new towels before using.

lxexpress
04-22-2016, 10:26 AM
Yea but brand new towels straight off the rack, box or whatever can pick up debris during shipping and storage etc. Always wash new towels before using.

i use these towels all the time,only ever had this issue once..but i think it was something else,thanks for the help

yg1829
04-22-2016, 11:02 AM
You could try a mist of ONR or other rinseless or waterless wash on your towel to help lubricate the removal of the residue. As long as what you use won't interfere with the lsp.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

lxexpress
04-22-2016, 11:55 AM
thanks for the tips everyone , i will see how i make out tonight when i get home

conman1395
04-22-2016, 01:39 PM
i use these towels all the time,only ever had this issue once..but i think it was something else,thanks for the help

You should still wash them before their first use.

Have you tried using a quick detailef or waterless wash to aid in wiping it off?

lxexpress
04-22-2016, 02:13 PM
You should still wash them before their first use.

Have you tried using a quick detailef or waterless wash to aid in wiping it off?

no,i havent but i will give it a try,thanks

manateemark
04-22-2016, 02:24 PM
It could also possibly be that the paint is so soft that you will need to do a further jeweling step to remove those marks. This could happen if it is DA haza. Just a thought though.

lxexpress
04-28-2016, 07:37 AM
ok...so here is what i think i came up with,where the customer had waxed himself i had issues,where he didnt was alright and didnt have a problem. same pad,pc,swirl remover,same removal process,which leads me to believe the issue was between the wax he put on and the wolfgang?? does that make sense? so should i have tried to remove the wax he put on first ??