PDA

View Full Version : Picking the right Rupes pads

manateemark
04-21-2016, 02:18 PM
It's my understanding that the blue rupes pad should be used for correcting heavy oxidation and deep swirls/rids. Then you can use the green pad for swirls too. The white pad can also be used for jeweling the paint. My question is is the yellow pad necessary. I recently order white, blue, and green pads for my mini and 21. I'm just trying to figure out whether I made the right choice.

Note: I will be using each one with the respective polish for it.

Dylan@RUPES
04-21-2016, 02:46 PM
I'll let others chime in, but working with them as often as I do I rely most heavily on the blue for heavy cutting/correcting - the crazy thing is that despite its feel it finishes down very cleanly.

I also use the UHS foam with UHS compound quite frequently, as a matter of fact I used that combo exclusively early this week to one-step a black range rover with spectacular results.

Lastly I prefer to finish with yellow. Its actually our most popular (by volume) foam and probably the most versatile. I only really reach for white on difficult to finish paints. Mike made an excellent point in another thread it also lends itself well to finishing for show quality jobs or around delicate graphics.

Matt@Revive
04-21-2016, 03:27 PM
best bet is to get them all! i use the yellow and Megs MF cutting discs the most.

Zubair
04-21-2016, 03:38 PM
My favourite is the yellow, its durable and you can use compounds and finishing polishes with it.

ledger64
04-21-2016, 03:43 PM
Any recommendations for a soft clear like a subaru??

dlc95
04-30-2016, 06:50 PM
I started with the blue and yellow as they seem to cover the most ground, and are routinely offered in their kits.

Their performance has been beyond expetation.