PDA

View Full Version : Cleaening CarPro Suede Microfibers

LSNAutoDetailing
04-21-2016, 08:24 AM
How do you clean theCarPro Suede Microfibers towels?

I've read somewhere that if I get the CarPro Suede Microfibers soaking in Snappy Clean within the first 7 hours of use I can clean and reuse these towels again.
After they've soaked in Snappy clean, can they go in the wash with the rest of the regular MF towels? Obviously I wouldn't dry these...

I realize 10 packs are pretty cheep, but any way to save $$$ and decrease overhead is favored.

Any thoughts or suggestions??? Thanks!

kevincwelch
04-21-2016, 08:56 AM
I know this isn't what you were asking directly, but are you using these for coating applications?

If so, have you considered buying the much larger 16"x16" mf suede towels and then using scissors to cut to size? This ends up being cheaper and ends up with less waste IMHO.

(Sent from my mobile device.)

CarolinasFinestDetailing
04-21-2016, 09:48 AM
If you're referring to the small ones that go on the block, don't waste your time. Are you flipping them after a few panels? The CQuartz coatings come with new ones as well.

LSNAutoDetailing
04-21-2016, 01:20 PM
I know this isn't what you were asking directly, but are you using these for coating applications?

If so, have you considered buying the much larger 16"x16" mf suede towels and then using scissors to cut to size? This ends up being cheaper and ends up with less waste IMHO.

(Sent from my mobile device.)

Nope, I'm talking about the much larger ones for wiping off the product from the vehicle. The small ones, I do a few panels, then throw away... I usually use 4 little ones per car. I'm talking about the big ones to that takes the product off the car...

Rsurfer
04-21-2016, 01:40 PM
The term suede cloths was originally made from animal skins. I believe modern suede cloths are made of micro fiber and should be cleaned accordingly.

fly07sti
04-21-2016, 01:51 PM
When I'm coating a vehicle, I have a bucket of water with approx 6-8 oz of Zep citrus to throw the used suedes in until the end of the detail. I then toss them in the wash with some Micro Restore and use them as my second wipe towel for cleaning windows.