PDA

View Full Version : Cquartz UK on exhaust tips?

bryanviper
04-21-2016, 08:12 AM
Do you guys think putting something like Cquartz UK on my new exhaust tips (when I get the car) would help protect it or would it burn off? I have put it on brake calipers before and so far no issues & I think the product can take high temperatures?

Thanks

JeffM
04-21-2016, 10:04 AM
I would think it would be fine. Wouldnt get much hotter then a black car in Florida or Texas.

Octopiston
04-21-2016, 10:22 AM
I've seen an exhaust tip on a Cobra melt the plastic around it because it wasn't adjusted right.

bryanviper
04-21-2016, 11:22 AM
Interesting,

I guess it depends on the car but Im thinking the exhaust would not get that hot and im hoping the cquartz uk can handle the heat and protect it and keep it shiny.

Any other opinions?

Thanks

Ebg18t
04-21-2016, 02:04 PM
I have dLux on mine with no issues.

bryanviper
04-21-2016, 02:15 PM
Great!

Do you find it keeps the shine up and easier to clean? Did you just put it on the outside of the exhaust or inside the tips also?

Thanks

I have dLux on mine with no issues.

Audios S6
04-21-2016, 02:47 PM
The inside of mk7 golf R tips are not finished in such a way that I would clean them to show them off.

I have used a variety of coatings on tips. They do make cleaning easier. I haven't found that heat degrades them, but I think the undersides get sandblasted overtime in my region and that eventually wears the coating off.

Ebg18t
04-21-2016, 06:53 PM
Great!

Do you find it keeps the shine up and easier to clean? Did you just put it on the outside of the exhaust or inside the tips also?

Thanks

It definitely makes it easier to keep clean. They have been coated for a year and still look great. All I have done is rinsless washes.

bryanviper
04-22-2016, 07:42 AM
Perfect,

Then I will be doing the same thing when i get my new car.

It definitely makes it easier to keep clean. They have been coated for a year and still look great. All I have done is rinsless washes.

Road Trip
05-30-2016, 10:17 PM
Have had CQuartz DLux on my exhaust tips for 1 1/2 years, and still so, so easy to wipe clean once they are cool with an old black MF, either with a detailer or with saliva. Tips still look as new.