PDA

View Full Version : McKees 37 jeweling wax ?

C.Moore
04-20-2016, 08:12 PM
Put my gg6 to work for the first time today, I washed, clay bared and used the McKees 37 on a white lake country thinpro pads and then finished up with the jeweling wax on a black thinpro pad .. Everything went good until removal of the jeweling wax, it's really hard to remove and is streaking bad .. Im going to let it sit over night and then try to remove in the morning with some quick detail .. Any suggestions?

04accord
04-20-2016, 08:42 PM
if its hard to remove now then it will probably more difficult to remove after sitting overnight. However I can't say for sure as I've never used this product. Id say try removing it with detail spray sooner rather than later.

custmsprty
04-20-2016, 08:51 PM
Put my gg6 to work for the first time today, I washed, clay bared and used the McKees 37 on a white lake country thinpro pads and then finished up with the jeweling wax on a black thinpro pad .. Everything went good until removal of the jeweling wax, it's really hard to remove and is streaking bad .. Im going to let it sit over night and then try to remove in the morning with some quick detail .. Any suggestions?

Did you follow AG's application instructions?

Apply McKee's 37 Jeweling Wax using a foam finishing pad. You only need approximately a quarter size amount per 2 ft. section. Work the wax in at a speed no greater than 5500 OPM on your DA polisher. When the wax begins to dry or disappear, turn the machine off. Buff off residues with a microfiber towel.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
04-20-2016, 09:10 PM
You did something wrong jeweling wax is easy to remove.

The process is meant to jewel the paint, if it.was hard to buff off that would defeat the purpose.

Did you use too much product ? And how long did you let it sit

Thats the 1940 ford we did for competition ready and that was effortless to buff off.

C.Moore
04-20-2016, 09:43 PM
I followed the instructions per the McKees label .. I'm starting to think I may not have let it work long enough .. Still satisfied with the results, I can tell a difference once I get the product removed .. I worked in sections and never tried to remove the product until I finished my truck

custmsprty
04-20-2016, 09:49 PM
I followed the instructions per the McKees label .. I'm starting to think I may not have let it work long enough .. Still satisfied with the results, I can tell a difference once I get the product removed .. I worked in sections and never tried to remove the product until I finished my truck

Interesting, be sure to update us tomorrow when you try to remove it.

custmsprty
04-21-2016, 08:13 PM

Any update on removal?

C.Moore
04-21-2016, 08:23 PM
Yes, sorry for the slow update .. After sitting overnight and trying again this morning it was much easier to remove .. Granted I washed all my microfiber towels, I'm not ruling out I may have had a bad microfiber towel or something off the wall like that .. The finish is nothing short of amazing .. This was my first go around with a power tool (gg6) but with the help of everyone here and the vast amount of knowledge I was able to use the right products and the right technique the first time to get a swirl free finish .. My father who runs a body shop looked over my work and said "you was able to do that" in amazement knowing it was my first go around .. The black paint looked absolutely flawless

C.Moore
04-22-2016, 04:22 PM
I buffed out a family members hood on his truck, I didn't get any before pics but I used McKees 37 cut with a lake country orange pad and then finished it out with McKees jeweling wax and a white pad .. It looks flawless

PaulMys
04-22-2016, 08:40 PM
Yes, sorry for the slow update .. After sitting overnight and trying again this morning it was much easier to remove .. Granted I washed all my microfiber towels, I'm not ruling out I may have had a bad microfiber towel or something off the wall like that .. The finish is nothing short of amazing .. This was my first go around with a power tool (gg6) but with the help of everyone here and the vast amount of knowledge I was able to use the right products and the right technique the first time to get a swirl free finish .. My father who runs a body shop looked over my work and said "you was able to do that" in amazement knowing it was my first go around .. The black paint looked absolutely flawless

Great to hear this worked out for you! :D