PDA

View Full Version : Simoniz pressure washer

Dsotm
04-20-2016, 12:41 PM
new guy here, long time lurker.

So i just bout a Simoniz platinum 2000 electric pressure washer($250 cnd on sale) and after all the negative reviews ive read about electric pressure i am very impressed with this unit. It comes with a foam gun which works very well and has enough pressure to knock the road grime off my black Challenger.

this pressure washer does not wash with soap at high pressure. I have looked around on google and i see that there is a high pressure chemical/soap injector attachment that would attach on the upstream side, basically inbetween garden hose and pressure washer inlet. most of the ones ive seen are the heavier duty gas powered pressure washer. does anyone know if the soap would damage the pump on a electric washer or will i be okay?

Calendyr
04-20-2016, 10:39 PM
You mean having the soapy water go through the inlet? I would not do that. I am pretty certain it would damage it.

What you need is a foam cannon that attaches to the gun part. I know for Simoniz pressure washers that is an issue. I have one too and did not find a foam gun for it. Thankfully my other pressure washer came with one so I use that one when I want to do a foam coat.

Your best bet would be to call Simoniz and ask them what foam gun you can get for your model. If one is available they will be able to tell you. It's very unfortunate that each company has it's own attachements for their pressure washers, the lack of standard makes it really complicated for us.

Dsotm
04-21-2016, 10:39 PM
You mean having the soapy water go through the inlet? I would not do that. I am pretty certain it would damage it.

What you need is a foam cannon that attaches to the gun part. I know for Simoniz pressure washers that is an issue. I have one too and did not find a foam gun for it. Thankfully my other pressure washer came with one so I use that one when I want to do a foam coat.

Your best bet would be to call Simoniz and ask them what foam gun you can get for your model. If one is available they will be able to tell you. It's very unfortunate that each company has it's own attachements for their pressure washers, the lack of standard makes it really complicated for us.

My Simoniz came with a foam gun which I've only used twice and seems to work pretty decent. I've never had a foam gun before so I have nothing to compare it to, it could be actually crap for all I know lol. I'm sure I could attach a foam gun if I wanted one, I might just need to buy some fittings to get it to fit.

I was hoping to have soap come out the wand at high pressure like a car wash, it would be handy cleanly the deck, side of house, etc.

Calendyr
04-22-2016, 02:55 AM
My Simoniz pressure washer has a solution tank in which I can put pressure washer cleaning solution. This is not a foam setup, the result is water with cleaning solution in it. It doesn't foam like a foam lance, gun or cannon do. I only used it once, didn't really see much difference from using only water. The product for it is pretty expensive... can't recall the exact price but it was about 40$ for a gallon and you need to use quite a bit if I recall correctly.

This is one of the reasons I purchased this pressure washer. I was under the impression I could use any soap in that tank but the instructions were clear that only special pressure washer cleaning solution can be used, soap would damage the motor.

Dsotm
06-02-2016, 08:15 PM
So I've had the pressure washer for just over a month and love it. Perfect pressure washer for washing my Challenger, the price was awesome and the foam gun that came with it works great! I would definitely recommend for those that are looking for a cheap electric pressure washer.

A longer hose is definitely a must though, the hose that it comes with is not long enough to walk around your vehicle. Might not seem like a big deal but I find it to be a pain in the azz to be constantly moving the washer around.

Calendyr
06-03-2016, 12:18 AM
So I've had the pressure washer for just over a month and love it. Perfect pressure washer for washing my Challenger, the price was awesome and the foam gun that came with it works great! I would definitely recommend for those that are looking for a cheap electric pressure washer.

A longer hose is definitely a must though, the hose that it comes with is not long enough to walk around your vehicle. Might not seem like a big deal but I find it to be a pain in the azz to be constantly moving the washer around.

Did you purchase it at Canadian Tire? My pressure washer that had a foam gun just broke ;( So I will need to replace it, not being able to do a foam coat bugs me ;)

As for hose, how long is the one that comes with it? My Simoniz unit has a hose about 10 feet long I would say. It has a spindle on the unit that you can roll the pressure hose into when you are done. It is not quite long enough, I can do the back, the side an part of the front without having to move the unit, but I do have to move it once or twice to do a whole car.

But it works well enough for my needs. If only it had a foam gun I would be really happy with it.

Dsotm
06-19-2016, 11:02 AM
Yes Canadian tire and it says it comes with a 25' foot hose. I'm not so sure the hose is 25' though, I'm going to measure mine.

Hers the Canadian tire link
Simoniz Platinum 2000-PSI Electric Pressure W | Canadian Tire (http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/simoniz-platinum-2000-psi-electric-pressure-washer-2992870p.html?utm_campaign=bazaarvoice&utm_medium=SearchVoice&utm_source=RatingsAndReviews&utm_content=Default)

and here's a YouTube video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x8kvRedYmbE

Calendyr
06-20-2016, 09:34 PM
Update: I found a foam gun at Canadian Tire compatible with all Simoniz pressure washers. I comes with 3 adaptors that fit any model. Cheap too, 35$. Funny thing is you need to use undiluted soap in it. Being used to my old foam gun I diluted my soap 6:1 and if was funny to see this weak, weak foam coming out ;) When I switched to undiluted soap it covered the car with a thick foam layer ;) Much better.

Also while I was there I saw some replacement hoses for Simoniz pressure washers, so it's very possible you could find a longer one that fits your unit. Mine is the 1700 PSI one.

Dsotm
07-11-2016, 01:10 AM
I've had my simoniz for close to 3 months and I have zero complaints. I have not had to hand wash my car since I got the pressure washer with foam gun.